Need some help on getting new brakes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need some help on getting new brakes!!!

I have the 06 f-150 4X4 supercrew and the stock brakes are just getting on my nerves with all the brake dust, im basically having to cleans my wheels almost every day. Im wanting to know what would be a good set of pads that produce little or no brake dust? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:18 AM
I've read good things about some blue pads from Carquest.....

Old 09-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Everyone pretty much loves the Carquest Blues Ceramics. Fronts are 62-70 around here, with rotors being 48 or something each. I think for a full set of Carquest Pads, Rotors, for my 04, front/back, 300 was what I figured yesterday.
Alot of people like Hawks as well, but I think they cost more. And one other, just searh or read a little and theres a ton about them. 1 post down actually.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by mooresb86
I have the 06 f-150 4X4 supercrew and the stock brakes are just getting on my nerves with all the brake dust, im basically having to cleans my wheels almost every day. Im wanting to know what would be a good set of pads that produce little or no brake dust? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You're gonna get you're ***** broken a bit by not searching that much so be prepared. Ha ha, kidding, but anyways, the best advice I can suggest for brakes is, and remember this, for you're problem and some others, CARQUEST SEMI-METALLICS that I call "blues" because apparently Carquest rates pads based on color. Gold or brass color is the premium warrantied ceramics, had em, = junk! Don't know why or if they have gotten better, just feel ceramics eat the rotors, maybe you got to have a certain rotor, I dunno. The second most expensive, warrantied is the blue semi-metallics, LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Do a search here on them and you'll see testimonials. The red colors are OEM replacement and black are economy, or vice versa, both are semi-metallics too or something else.

Now, based on what's available, you may want to try Wagner Thermo-quiets as well, just as I swear by the Carquest, others swear by these based on individual experiences. Trust me on this, you want new rotors, the more expensive and usually thicker and a SEMI-METALLIC pad. At this point, I would go any regular brand from a local store, making sure it's semi-metallic and warrantied. Raybestos makes Carquest "blues" FYI, Wagner, Bendix, names like that, you can't go wrong, just in material. Hell, I think TRW and Monroe make pads too amung many others.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:13 PM
From what Carquest told me, their "Blues" are actually ceramics too.... Might have changed but thats what the guy told me friday when I called on them.

I stand corrected after reading the thread a few down. I wonder if they have different kinds of Blues tho, cuz the dude def. told me they were ceramics, but everyone loves the Semi's not full ceramics. I MUST remember this in a few weeks when I get my new stuff.

Semi's are good for us, however I used ceramics on my race car, but that does get a TON of dust. Wonder if thats why....

Last edited by madcat6183; 09-30-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Ya, I heard somewhere else they got "blue" ceramics, mind you a) I live in Canada so Carquest might do things different her and b) it's been since 2002 or 2001 that I gave up on the "gold" ceramics. Hopefully an improvement was made but the Carquest guys wanted to know my feedback on the semi-metallics after the ceramics fiasco.

The "blue" coloring is very much like old Ford engine color blue, which is light. They also had a Navy blue.

Quick Reply: Need some help on getting new brakes!!!