Need Some Quick Answers!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Some Quick Answers!

Well everyone last night I started to change my rotors and pads out. I got the front done with no problem, but when I got to the back thats when I started to have problems. How the hell do I get the back rotors off? They are like seriously welded to my axle cause I was hitting the back of it with a mallet and it wont come off. I released the emergency brake and everything I could think of to free the rotor. Nothing works. I have a job interview at 3 and my truck is not going anywhere until I get these back ones off and the new ones on. The pads were so bad it was metal to metal.

Thanks everyone.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I had the same problem with my 05, I had to get a 5lbs hand sledge and smash them off. I was a major pain in the ***.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
I had the same problem with my 05, I had to get a 5lbs hand sledge and smash them off. I was a major pain in the ***.
Did you release the emergency brake? Like the spring loaded thing did you release it or no? Cause I did release it last night, but it didn't help. I'm just wondering cause I'm probably gonna go back out and hit the **** out of it with a mallet and still have that thing hooked up to it.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by |SoCal|Screw
Did you release the emergency brake? Like the spring loaded thing did you release it or no? Cause I did release it last night, but it didn't help. I'm just wondering cause I'm probably gonna go back out and hit the **** out of it with a mallet and still have that thing hooked up to it.
No I didnt, the rotors were rusted on. One rotor came off in pieces. I sprayed Liquid wrench on them and still had a hard time.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
No I didnt, the rotors were rusted on. One rotor came off in pieces. I sprayed Liquid wrench on them and still had a hard time.
Yeah mine are rusted on from dropping the boat in the ocean and stuff.

Did you have the guard on behind the rotor as well?

Old 09-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by |SoCal|Screw
Yeah mine are rusted on from dropping the boat in the ocean and stuff.

Did you have the guard on behind the rotor as well?
Yes I do, I just kept spinning the rotor and hitting the top. It took me about 45 minutes on each side after I knew they were rusted on.

Quick Reply: Need Some Quick Answers!