All-terrain or mud-terrain

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All-terrain or mud-terrain

I have a '04 screw and I'm looking into getting some new tires. I love to go offroading and mudding but i have heard that the bfgoodrich mud-terrain's make too much noise. I was wondering if any off y'all have a preference about it. If you do I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:30 PM
I just went from 315 BFG AT's to 35" MTs and the noise is minimal. You can hear the tire hum more so than with AT's but my cab is so quiet and with my flowmaster duals, the noise isn't noticeable unless you're wanting to hear it.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
The BFG MT's are probably one of the quietest mud tires on the market, Toyo makes an excellent and quiet mudd tire also.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I have been debating between the two myself, but I have heard nothing but good things about the mud terrains. I figure a little hum would be pretty cool. My friend has the ATs on his 03 fx4 and they look really good, but I think I would regret not going with a more aggressive tire.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 PM
If you do get MT's, get the BFG's no doubt about it. I ran pro comp MT's, Goodyear Wrangler MTR's, Interco's Traxxas MT's and BFG MT's on my 03 Jeep Wrangler in the 33" variety...the BFG's definately gave the best ride, balanced the easiest, wore the best, and gave the best traction on the road even in the rain of any of those mud tires.

If you think a little (and the BFG's really only do make a little compared to the rest) road noise will bother you, then get the BFG AT's. They are hands-down the best all-around tire to run if all factors are of the same importance to you -- those factors being looks, wet traction, dry traction, off-road traction, highway ride, snow traction, ice traction, and mileage...the MT's would be the best if off-road traction, looks, and snow were most important to you.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I have the perfect solution for you. Pro Comp Xtreme All terrians. Very aggresive looking without the noise of the mud terrian.

Quick Reply: All-terrain or mud-terrain