New Wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Wheels and tires

Hey, I am new to the forum and I've been thinking about adding some stuff to my f150. I have a 2003 f150 xl with 2wd. I was thinking of putting some bigger wheels and tires on it. Probably some 20 in wheels and then maybe some larger tires. What size tires would you recommend (and i mean bigger than just the 20 in tires id have to get if i got 20 in wheels) also if i did get bigger tires would i have to raise the body at all or would it probably just needed to be raised anyways with bigger tires so it wouldnt look weird. One last question. Is it sitll possible to go offroading even if you only have 2wd and but you have like bigger tires like i was owndering about? I saw this picture and was thinking of having it look something kinda like this

Thanks, Andrew

Last edited by andrewc_11890; 04-01-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by andrewc_11890
Hey, I am new to the forum and I've been thinking about adding some stuff to my f150. I have a 2003 f150 xl with 2wd. I was thinking of putting some bigger wheels and tires on it. Probably some 20 in wheels and then maybe some larger tires. What size tires would you recommend (and i mean bigger than just the 20 in tires id have to get if i got 20 in wheels) also if i did get bigger tires would i have to raise the body at all or would it probably just needed to be raised anyways with bigger tires so it wouldnt look weird. One last question. Is it sitll possible to go offroading even if you only have 2wd and but you have like bigger tires like i was owndering about? I saw this picture and was thinking of having it look something kinda like this

Thanks, Andrew
First off welcome to the site, it's a great site with some very knowledgable folks. WARNING - Hide your wallet right now, this site is known to cause a bug known as modiswhatIwannado.

I don't know much about the older body styles so I'm sure those who have that kind of info will chime in and help you out there. Personally if it's financially feasible I would just add a 6" lift and some 35's to your truck. If that's not a financial option then there are some other things you could do, but I don't wanna act like I'm smart on those things so I will give way to those who know way more about the older body style trucks then I could even pretend to know.

As far as offroading in a 2WD it is possible if you're careful. Of course you can't go through the deep, thick stuff that a 4WD can, but if you do it right you can go just about anywhere else. I would recommend before you do any offroading in a 2WD hook up with someone with a 4WD so if you get stuck he can pull you out.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have a ton of options, but if you want a lifted truck, by all means lift it. If you can go with a 7.5 inch Fabtech lift, that would be great. If money is a concern, you can combine 2 inch coilspring spacers, 3.5 inch lift spindles and a 3 inch body lift or any combination of the three for an inexpensive lift.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the input. I really like the look of the truck in the picture I found and would Like to make mine look like that. Do you think those are probably 17" wheels and 35's cause it seems like alot of the blackwall is showing.

I also don't quite understand that well how lifts work. What is the difference between the two that wandell described and do you think that truck has a 7.5" lift?

Quick Reply: New Wheels and tires