What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think?

Ok, on Wed. I was driving to physical therapy, slowed down to make the turn into the parking lot and my brake pedal felt like it went to the floor, but the truck still stopped. Turned into the parking space and as soon as I touched the pedal it grabbed real hard and I almost hit my head on the steering wheel. I just wrote it off as driver error or not paying attention. It did it again tonight, so I popped the hood and the brake fluid level was down to about the half mark. I picked up a bottle of fluid and topped it off. I still have brakes.

I was planning on driving home for the weekend tomorrow (about 150miles one way). Think it would be alright to drive home and get it checked out there or put it in the garage tomorrow morning? Like I said, I still have brakes.

I'm thinking master cylinder or a brake line.... any ideas?

Old 02-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you live on the cape huh? im just north of worcester. sounds like a bad master cylinder.check all your brake lines . fluid goed down a little as your pads and shoes wear out. but them grabbing like that sounds like master cylinder.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My vote would be the master, but don't over look the rest of the system. Make sure a calibur is not hanging up.