recommend aftermarket front rotor??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe the BAER DECELA OE replacement rotors??

I picked up these for my '03 4x4 fronts, only $110 for the pair.
cross drilled / slotted.

www.autopartswarehouse.com

Didn't get the EBC green stuff pads, think I should have now.
Got the EBC Oe premiums quality replacement pads.
Figured EBC brand is good, and they were $35 bucks.
After I called twice to see where they were
I ended up getting a second set in the mail.
Guess I'm set for a while on the fronts.
I do see plenty of dust on the rims, though.

Fronts should be pretty cheap, rears not so.
Well, there's an option or you, anyway.
NHFORD

Old 12-14-2006, 12:26 PM
R1, I'm definately interested in the great deal you have on the set of rotors, but what kind of pads should I get to go with them? My main goals are for better stopping power, and as little brake dust as possible.....I just upgraded from the stock 18" KR wheels to 24" MOMO Storms with a Kumo Ecsta STX 305/35/24......I can definately tell that I lost some stopping power with the bigger wheels, and the rusty rotors are so ugly behind the wheel.....If I get the slotted and drilled combo on your site for an 05 2wd F150, are they guaranteed not to rust? Would it be possible to powdercoat the brake calipers or whatever they are called to accent the paint scheme of my truck? I appreciate all your help...Im a brake newbie so all information will be greatly appreciated!!

Old 12-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by NOLES187
R1, I'm definately interested in the great deal you have on the set of rotors, but what kind of pads should I get to go with them? My main goals are for better stopping power, and as little brake dust as possible.....I just upgraded from the stock 18" KR wheels to 24" MOMO Storms with a Kumo Ecsta STX 305/35/24......I can definately tell that I lost some stopping power with the bigger wheels, and the rusty rotors are so ugly behind the wheel.....If I get the slotted and drilled combo on your site for an 05 2wd F150, are they guaranteed not to rust? Would it be possible to powdercoat the brake calipers or whatever they are called to accent the paint scheme of my truck? I appreciate all your help...Im a brake newbie so all information will be greatly appreciated!!

No matter who you buy the pads from, I'd recommend the Posi-Quiet semi metallic brake pads. Good quality pads for descent pricing. As far as zinc on the rotors goes, they will help prevent rusting, but we can't guarantee against absolutely no rusting. I don't think that there are any sites that would guarantee against rusting, unless you're purchasing some stainless steel rotors.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:41 AM
so where is the best place to purchase the pads? about how much will they cost?

Quick Reply: recommend aftermarket front rotor??