Rotor Recommendations: Do You Have Any??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotor Recommendations: Do You Have Any??

Hey all,

I'm looking to replace/upgrade my rotors on my new '06 Screw. I've been looking around on the web and was wondering if any of you have heard of Rotorpros? They look nice, but are they any good? Do any of you have any other companies you'd recommend? Confused and need advice!

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Forgive me for asking, just curious, but do you need a brake job already? If not, why bother. Rotors are pretty run of the mill if you ask me, some are just thicker. Performance differences? I dunno. The only worth while purchase is a set of Brembo brakes, larger rotors and calipers, requiring 18" rims minimum I think, so you're set having 20's. I say again, take a run down to Carquest and buy some "blue" pads and the more expensive rotors when that time comes. Basically a stock replacement, minus the dust from my experience.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:14 PM

No, I def. do not need new brakes considering I only have 2500 on my truck! I guess I'm just looking ahead a bit and wondered if there is a difference in rotors. I'm the type that likes to start saving early so that I can have my item right when I need it. I guess I asked cause it seems like all pads are not created equal, therefore I figured the same about rotors.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:30 AM
From my experiences, there usually is thicker ones and thinner ones. I guess the thicker may be able to be turned or resurfaced 1-2 times vs the thinner needing to be replaced and easier to warp. Now those cross drilled, slotted 24 hrs of Le Mans rotors? Waste of money for everyday driving. They really aren't beneficial outside of a road course. Like I said, a Brembo kit has alot larger rotors and that makes a difference, but hurts the wallet. When the time comes your looking at $60 a piece for rotors (most $ I've seen) and around $90 for the pads (set).

Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The grade of steel makes the difference in rotor quality. I has some $35 rotos from Autyozoen that warped in 8k miles with ceramic pads. I replaced the rotors only after that and the truck's gone another 30k miles without problems.

OEM Brembos from Tirerack or the mid-grade ones for NAPA are what I recommend.

Pads, that's another topic. Lots of good ones, lots of bad ones. They'll make more difference for braking ability than anything else (assuming the lines are bled).

Old 11-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What you want is more braking power. With your 20" wheels you have the option to use the Baer EradiSpeed 15" rotors which will give you much better braking over the stock 13" rotors. It uses the same calipers so you won't have to bleed. They are a little expesive though.

Last edited by MeanGene; 11-02-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:37 PM
larger drilled & slotted rotors by Baer

Trending Topics

Old 11-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here they are... The rear discs (background) are the same size as stock 13.7" rear rotors, so if you consider the rear rotors in the pictures to be a little larger than your stock front rotors, 13", you can kind of see the difference between what the stock 13" rotors and the Bear 15" rotors would look like. Here is the best price I have found yet. That price is for the front rotors and caliper mounts only. The shipping weight is 101.5 LBS. Fronts only! The PerformanceCenter price is $178.65 (with shipping) less than what Stylin Concepts is selling them for.

Last edited by MeanGene; 11-04-2006 at 11:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Rotor Recommendations: Do You Have Any??