Questions/Opinions on tires, General Grabbers/Goodyear LS2

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions/Opinions on tires, General Grabbers/Goodyear LS2

Hey guys, I'm just about to get my wheels and debating on tires. I'm going with a 20" wheel for sure and the most likely tire size will be 285/50/20 or 275/55/20. I'm looking more for a value tire but I would like to know what is the consensus on tires overall. Please list the best street/performance tire under $200. My current tires I'm looking at are these:

General grabber
Goodyear GTII
Goodyear LS2

thanks for the help,
Brian

Last edited by Biteyahard; 10-27-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:43 PM
If you decide to go 285/50 check out the Yokohama Geolander H/T-S http://www.yokohamatire.com/subtires...?subtireID=18b

I bought them a couple a months ago, they cost about the same as the GTIIs ($150 ea.) They have a 60k tread warranty and get pretty good reviews at the tirerack and discount tire websites. The sidewall is a little busy looking but that's my only complaint.

I considered the Grabbers, they are also rated pretty well, but are a softer compound so they may offer a little better handling but at the expense of tread life.

You might also want to see if you could fit 305/50s, should go in the back OK, with the right back-spacing, but on the front could be some rubbing. Also with 305s probably want a 9-10'' rim.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. Franko
If you decide to go 285/50 check out the Yokohama Geolander H/T-S http://www.yokohamatire.com/subtires...?subtireID=18b

I bought them a couple a months ago, they cost about the same as the GTIIs ($150 ea.) They have a 60k tread warranty and get pretty good reviews at the tirerack and discount tire websites. The sidewall is a little busy looking but that's my only complaint.

I considered the Grabbers, they are also rated pretty well, but are a softer compound so they may offer a little better handling but at the expense of tread life.

You might also want to see if you could fit 305/50s, should go in the back OK, with the right back-spacing, but on the front could be some rubbing. Also with 305s probably want a 9-10'' rim.

Thanks for the great info I will definitely look into these tires.

Quick Reply: Questions/Opinions on tires, General Grabbers/Goodyear LS2