Brake/suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Brake/suspension

We had our front shocks replaced Monday (1998 Lincoln Navigator) while they were replacing the drivers side shock they broke the brake line on that side...now after all of this is done being "fixed" there is a clicking noise comming from the drivers side when I begin to brake/slow down, any suggestions on what that may be? The best way to describe the noise to me it sounded as though the wheel was not on right, the wheel has been looked at and taken off and put back on...that was not the problem the shop cant find anything wrong...any suggestions?

Old 09-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Brake lines

Would this make a noise when stopping if you needed bleed all your brake lines? Is it possible that air got into all the lines when one of the lines broke?

Old 09-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Air in the lines would not cause a clicking problem. What is more likely is that when the shop put the pads in, they didnt install the anti chatter clips (thin, formed pieces of metal) properly, and they are catching on something. Same happened to me when I changed my brakes a few years ago... just pulled a bonehead and put a clip in backwards. Although you didnt send it there for pads, it is possible that they removed the caliper, allowing either the pads to fall out, or move out of position.