Can I use 35" tire/stock rim on 6" Pro Comp

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I use 35" tire/stock rim on 6" Pro Comp

I have 04 with 6" Pro Comp lift.
I'm running 35'Toyo AT on Pro Comp 18"x9" rims.During the winter I replace them with the stock 18" rims and tires because of the salty winter roads around here.(The look sucks with those small tires).
Does anyone know for sure if I can run a 35x12.5x18 tire on the stock rim.I have seen others with 35's on stock rims but using other lift kits.I asked Pro Comp about this and they were not sure
Can any member help?

Old 02-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen another member running 35" BFG mud terrain on his stock wheel with a 4"(5.5") Rancho lift and he has had no complaints. I wouldn't be speeding or doing quick turns on that setup anytime soon. it is decreasing your center of gravity. Also 35's are really too big to run on the factory wheel(my opinion), not so much the width but the height as well. It sounds like this is only a part time solution. Just be careful and realize the truck won't handle the same. The tires may also wear quicker in the center due to the smaller wheel size. Or you could purchase some steel wheels at a very cheap price and use those during the winter salts. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Can I use 35" tire/stock rim on 6" Pro Comp