stainless steel brake hose

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stainless steel brake hose

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the brake pedal feel with fresh brake fluid and stainless steel brake hoses. I have a 2001 Screw with Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads with about 10k on them.. The braking is better than before (except for a noisey hum with aggressive braking), but still not a firm touchy brake pedal feel like I can lock them up easily. I was hoping for a much stronger brake system. It stops well, but I really have to tromp on the brakes to slow it quickly. I think I have 110k on probably original brake fluid and was going to try and flush the fluid and put stainless braided brake hoses on as well. Any experience on how much this helps?

Old 01-29-2006, 09:03 PM
nshoag,
I also have a 2001 screw.This past summer in the heat of traffic,my brake pedal would bottom out w/the origional fluid that was init.Once the brake fluid becomes old and saturated w/ water(yes b.fluid absorbs water..not dot5 tho)during high underhood temps,the water in the system began to boil.Which is why the pedal floored out.Once it was cool the brakes were fine again.I flushed the old fluid thru al 4 calipers w/ super blue fluid and the mushy feeling under high heat conditions is gone.I havent tried the ss brake lines yet but I dont think Im gonna..My brakes are more solid than factory....fwiw

Here's a good how to
http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...threadid=21747

Frank

Old 01-29-2006, 09:08 PM
nshoag,
It sounds like you've got yourself some good local parts but without fresh fluid you aren't getting the most out of your brakes. Braided steel lines are better. They expand less than stockers and give you a more firm pedal. How much better is debatable and can be costly. If I were you, I'd flush out all that old wet fluid and see how new stuff makes it feel. You will probably be happily surprised with the results.

Good Luck!

Old 01-30-2006, 06:01 AM
Thanks guys.. I will definately try flushing the fluid. What is the best kind- I want it to be better than the stock fluid. You mentioned "super blue"?

sdh

Old 01-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey,
The other guys may have better info on brand names but you should stick to teh type recommended by the manufacturer. Here is an article on brake fluid that helped me understand it much better.
http://www.sdvsa.org/BrakeFluidFacts.htm

Old 01-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i didnt notice a difrence when i went to stainless braided lines but i replaced mine for length reasons so i wasnt really trying to feel the difrence but it wasnt really noticable, good luck

Old 02-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Try contacting www.frozenrotors.com They have the stainless braklines that are DOT approved and make quite a differance in the feel of the pedal.

Quick Reply: stainless steel brake hose