Factory Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Tire Question

Ok guys, so I know this is something I should be calling the dealership to ask about, but I'm so busy right now I really don't have time. On top of that, it seems that the responses posted here are inevitably more timely and more accurate than I usually get from the service department operator.

Anyhow, walked out to my truck today and noticed that I had a screw thats gone through the sidewall of one of my tires. 99.9% sure that the tire can't be repaired, but hoping that it can. If it can't, what is the dealership likely to do? Just bought the truck back in August and have about 11k miles on the tires. I know that Ford extended their tire coverage, but I have no idea how that effects me, if at all. Advice and suggestions very much appreciated. And as always thanks for your help guys.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:25 PM
SM
I wouldn't think that the Ford warranty would include road hazards, but I could be wrong oon that

Old 01-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope they won't cover it, its a road hazard defect. If the tread or sidewall came apart or tire was out of round etc then the extended tire warranty would cover it. I had the exact same thing happen to my '04 and I had to buy the tire. If the nail is in the tread you can fix it but not in the sidewall. Sorry man but good luck.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Well, my hopes of a discount on a replacement tire due to knowing the service manager personally were dashed. I am however the proud new owner of a squeeky clean 275/65 Rugged Trail tire. Which I've intentionally left the blue chalk on so that I can at least enjoy that new tire feeling for a few more days. Blast!

Quick Reply: Factory Tire Question