lower

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lower

I was wondering if there was any way i could lower my truck without spending top dollar like if i could put my leaf springs under my axle. i don't want to lower it like a low rider but to minumize some of the body role? I am wanting to lower it for speed not looks.

ROSS

Old 01-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Lower

Going to a smaller diamiter tire can lower truck 1 to 3 inches

Old 01-22-2006, 05:42 PM
lower

YES, But i am not sure if it would look rite. For example i don't want it to look like someone who has lifter there truck and still have the stock tires on. I will take your suggestion in consideration though. Thank you

ROSS

Old 01-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shop around for one of the smaller (2/4 inch) lowering kits. You can probably find one at a good price. Also, check the "for sale" forums here and at FTW. As for wheels and tires, the larger (20 to 24) inch wheel/tire combo's will fill up your wheelwells and give the illusion that the truck is lowered.

Old 01-22-2006, 08:27 PM
ross lewis

Ok, Thanks for your info. i will go there i am still trying to find out were things go and were to search stuff on this website lol.

ROSS

Old 01-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Go with BellTech

If you are thinking of placing the axle above the springs, you're going to run into clearance problems and will have to notch the frame. Not easy to do, fairly expensive to have someone do it correctly and may cut down on the weight you can haul since you weakened the frame.

If you're looking for a cheap way to go and are able to do the work yourself, Belltech has affordable lowering kits available. If you just want to lower the rear, I think they have shackle kits to lower the rear up to 3 inches without having to shim the springs. And don't forget a set of drop shocks, because the stock shocks won't last very long. You're probably looking at around 350 -450 bucks for parts and labor if you decide to pay to have just the rear lowered.

Do you have dual exhaust, or does your exhaust extend to the rear of your truck? Another thing to think about after you lower the rear is to have your exhaust re-routed to clear the axle. I made the mistake of having dual exhaust installed before I had my truck lowered and had to spend an extra $350 to get it redone.

My truck is lowered 3"Frt / 4"Rr using Belltech drop suspension. The kit comes with everything you'll need--front coils, rear shackles, bumpstops, hardware and Nitro DropShocks. With the parts, labor, front-end alignment, and getting the exhaust redone, my total cost was around $1100. My advice is save your cash and have it done professionally. Don't skimp on your safety, especially if you want a fast and stable ride.

Check out the Ghost and lemme know what you think...

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=7492

Last edited by percysledge; 01-26-2006 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: lower