Oh my poor front driver side brake.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh my poor front driver side brake.

Well first off thanks everyone for there great posts, which allowed me first to remove the stuck tire and then get a look at the stuck brake. And this is what I found behind tire number one:
The calipers look like this:
Since it appears only the driver side front brake is stuck, I was thinking of going over to the local salvage yards to see if I could get a rotor and brake disc caliper. Can anyone recomend a place where I can get replacement parts with out going broke?

Last edited by satexasf150; 12-29-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:05 AM
i wouldn't get one from a yard. you can get rotors cheap. plus who know how those brakes were used and what condition the caliper is/ was in.. check around at auto parts stores and if not try ebay

Old 12-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Advance auto has them. About $40 a piece.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:17 AM
If you get used ones you will only have trouble down the road sooner than later. Go to Advance and get new ones. Brakes are very important and it is not wise to cheap out on them. You will only hurt your self or someone else if the used parts fail.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm with everyone else-- get new ones.

Also, even though the other side may not be stuck, it might be worth replacing it too. Things like this are usually best replaced in pairs, plus since you'll be in the brake system and having to bleed it anyway it won't be that much more time and effort.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Done Deal, But boy the mother was stuck.

Well went to Advance and picked up a new rotor and brake pades for about $80 bucks. Man that rotor was stuck somthing fierce after applying some penetrating oil to the rotor and a few go raps the mini sledge on the old rotor I had a ton of rust falling of that rotor. But man was it stuck but it eventually gave in. Then I started looking at the Brake disc calipers and they were stuck to(crap). So now I'm trying to figure out how to get those calipers out so I can do the replacement kit. Anyone got any advice on how to get out those stuck calipers? Also do they make a brake caliper kit?

Last edited by satexasf150; 12-29-2005 at 11:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Oh my poor front driver side brake.