Tire pressure for TOYO MUD TERRAINS 33's

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire pressure for TOYO MUD TERRAINS 33's

I have the TOYO mud terrains and wanted to find out what was the recommended PSI. I Spoke to TOYO customer support yesterday and the tech said that for my 2005 FX4 with the 5.4 the front should be set at 45psi and the rear at 61psi. His calculations were based on the load range capacity specified by FORD and the load range of the tire at various PSI.Posting for those who may be running the same setup on their FX supercrew. I know this will not fit everyones application but if it helps one or two, that's alright with me. Good luck.

Old 12-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Those are probably a bit high for an empty truck. If you tow alot, youll want to pump up the PSI.

But for normal driving, 40 PSI is usually a good place to start for any LT rated tire. From there you can figure out on your own if the ride is too hard or soft.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:41 PM
hey tx. im running 33 toyo mts as well- toyo support gave me a safe running psi of 53psi on the stock 18x 7.5" fx4 rims all around

Old 12-07-2005, 06:14 PM
A little off topic... How well are those Toyo's wearing? I have the Open Country AT's (265/75x17's) right now, but I would like a more aggressive tire.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by BalogUK
hey tx. im running 33 toyo mts as well- toyo support gave me a safe running psi of 53psi on the stock 18x 7.5" fx4 rims all around

I have 18x9.5 wheel, I don't know if that makes alot of difference or not. I will probably experiment with different pressures thanks for letting me know, I'll try 53psi for a while and see if it handles differently or improves mileage and wear. I see that they are rated at 65psi max with a load handling of 2910. I don't like to have anything to the limit. ONLY the REVS

Old 12-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by 98Lariet4x4
A little off topic... How well are those Toyo's wearing? I have the Open Country AT's (265/75x17's) right now, but I would like a more aggressive tire.

I have only had them for about a week. I went in the mud and they were awesome, they never let me down. I had them siped to help in snow and rain. I love the agressive look and the capability they provide. From what I have read, the MUD tires need attention with balancing and rotations more frequently than other types of tires. They tend to be noisier and wear faster. Some have said they get 30000 to 40000 miles out of them. Driving habits are different as well so results may vary drastically. I am very pleased and the TOYO are on back-order in most regions. So far they have been great. They are expensive. I got them for 300 a piece at les schwab but have seen them on the internet at www.tires-easy.com for 250. Good luck

Old 12-07-2005, 08:08 PM
ive had my toyos on since early july- they are wearing great, have gone on a couple long trips, and seem to be doing well- tx is right about rotations, i get mine rotated every other oil change to keep them in optimal shape- i haven't siped mine yet, but the idea is floating around so that i can get better traction on late winter ice. they have done great in rain, mud, and now snow! depending on your location you can get them for around 250/tire (what i picked mine up for, mounted and balanced)

Quick Reply: Tire pressure for TOYO MUD TERRAINS 33's