97 F-150 replacement brake lines

Old 06-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 97 F-150 replacement brake lines

I have been monitoring this site for years and have always found very good useful info. I now have a need to post a question so I registered. I have a 97 F-150 w/ 120k miles (6 rough winters) and find myself in need of replacing the front brake lines. Can not find any Ford prebent hard lines. Any one know where to puchase ? Thanks, Dana.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Hard lines are considered a non-consumable, therefore a non-stocking item. It is easy to get the line lengths you need and just bend them to the desired shape. Most every auto parts store keeps these straight pieces in different lengths in stock.

If you must get a Ford pre-bent line, you'll probably be looking in a parts yard for a used one. Be careful with used, clean it well and inspect it for any damage. It too might be bent out of shape from the parts yard. Sometimes they just cut them while dismantling vehicles.

I hope you find what you need......

Old 06-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the reply Colorado Osprey. I have already picked up some 3/16 " dia. X 60" length brake line. I keep flare connectors to lengthen sections and I have brake line bending tools as I have a Ford 1932 5wd. coupe which I had to bend all the lines for, so I am real farmiliar with brake line fitment, however they don't come with the stone guard spring wrapped the entire lenghth (which can cause corosion under the spring in area you can not inspect). Used line should be avoided at all costs because you know nothing about its life cycle. I searched all over the web but could not find them (prebent brake lines for my 97 Ford F-150). I was hoping someone has traveled this road before and had Ford part numbers or some place you could purchase them from. Also my posting was to make other F-150 owners aware that they need to think about inspecting them for corosion and if you need prebent factory brake lines you are SOL and you will have to spend a lot of time making up an inferior solution.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Well I changed the front brake lines with one I bent up. One line was 60". It went across the front cross member from the L/F to R/F flex lines. The other from the master cylinder to l/F flex line is about 48". You need to reuse the master cylinder fitting. Just for information the flex lines caused my truck to intermitantly pull to the left. They looked just fine. Hope that info help someone else with my brake pull sympoms.

Old 06-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Glad it all worked out....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 97 F-150 replacement brake lines