best pads for stock brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawk Superduty Pads are about the best you can buy and I strongly recommend these. http://www.buybrakes.com/hawk/

Old 05-22-2005, 04:49 PM
I put on a set of EBC 6000 pads about 5 months ago and have been extremely pleased with them. I bought them from tirerack.com for about $65, which I think is a fairly standard price for pads. There are quite a few people on this site who swear by Hawk ceramic, but I opted not to get them because I've known a handful of guys who have experienced rotor warpage issues when switching from semi-metallic to cceramic. I also have noticed almost no dusting with the EBC's, which can be a big problem with metallic pads. The OEM Motorcraft pads are also fine in my opinion, however some people complain about them dusting excessively. I didn't notice this when I had stock pads though.

-Craig

Old 05-25-2005, 05:09 PM
What is the current opinion of the Porterfield R4-S Kelvar pads? I'm already sick of the Brake Dust issue.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by theantiriced
There are quite a few people on this site who swear by Hawk ceramic, but I opted not to get them because I've known a handful of guys who have experienced rotor warpage issues when switching from semi-metallic to cceramic.
I'm not sold on ceramics for outright performance...though they seem to be good if you want minimal dusting. But Hawk HPs pads are fantastic and they aren't ceramics.

I'm running Axxis MetalMasters now (had been with Hawk HPS for a few years), they seem comparable to the Hawks. I'm pleased with them.
http://www.axxisbrakes.com

Old 06-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by racerf150man
alright thank you very much ill prob end up getting them but if u still could post what results u end up with it would be great! thanks man
I finally found the time to do my brakes. I'm doing them first thing Monday morning, so I'll give an update on how things go. I'll be sure to give you my opinion on these brakes after I have tried them out for a while.

Quick Reply: best pads for stock brakes?