Wheel weights

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel weights

How do those rims balance out if you are not able to get a weight on the outside? I found some rims that will not accept the weight on the outside of the wheel, that being said, do the stick on weights work well and hold up?

Old 04-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I havn't allowed anyone to put weights on the outside of my wheels in years and havn't had any problems. THe stick on weights work just as well, if not better than the clamp on style.

Old 04-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i do alot of offroading and mudding, the stick on weights on the inside keep falling of on the front for some reason seem to last about 4 months or 8 offroading trips before i notice they are gone, it is not the prep work on the rim before they stick them ether or the rim becouse i have had this happen on difrent rim combos, if it dont see much offroad use i dont think you will have a problem, i think the mud gets stuck in there and when it is at speed it just tears the weights off, just my experience

i think this is the first time me or anyone has gone against what wandell has said, sorry buddy no hard feelings

Old 04-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, no problem. However, I heard a lot of people say that the clamp on weights get knocked off in rocky and rough terrian. I guess they both have their disadvantages.

Quick Reply: Wheel weights