Brembo install, pleaseeee help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brembo install, pleaseeee help.

Hi
I bought a used brembo kit for my 98 4x4 f150 which has 17" stock wheels. I installed everything but the caliper being thicker doesn´t fit under the wheel. Which is the best way to solve this? Is this supposed to happen as tha kit is made specially for the truck.

I will greatly appreciate any suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Matt

Old 10-04-2004, 08:58 PM
if the caliper is protruding from the caliper wall, just get a "C" clamp, a small piece of wood or even a flat piece of steel ( a small flat wrench willl work) and push the caliper back into the fixture. Remove the brake master cylinder cap before you start. Keep easy steady pressure on the calipers and it will go back into the caliper. Youwont kick out much brake fluid from the master cyclinder but keep an eye on it.

Old 10-08-2004, 08:54 AM
03f150man, i think he is having a problem fitting/bolting his rim to the rotors because of the depth of his new calipers. not the calipers fitting on the rotors. that's the way i read it.

if it is then you must have the wrong calipers for that truck, or if you changed your rims from stock, maybe your aftermarket rims will not fit over those calipers.

Last edited by sgauthier; 10-08-2004 at 02:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Brembo install, pleaseeee help.