Has anyone "swapped" wheels and tires when buying new truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Has anyone "swapped" wheels and tires when buying new truck?

I am planning on ordering a new 2001 Supercrew. Was initially planning on getting the ORP, but $900 on XLT is kinda steep when I will get everything with trailer group but skids and they are only $136. What I was wondering, has anyone got their new truck with stock 16" and worked out a deal with dealer for them to install aftermarket wheels and tires @ time of purchase? If so how much did you have to pay to boot with them keeping the stockers? And did they recalibrate speedo? Also what size wheels and tires did you go to? I am looking at keeping same size wheel and getting a tire with a little more heighth. Thanks.

------------------
1994 Toyota 4wd 22re Soon to have either 2001 Supercrew 4wd, or 2001 F-250 4wd PSD.

Old 03-21-2001, 01:39 PM
Dealers don't like to do swaps for the most part. If they do it really costs you. Ordering the off road package is a nice way to go. You'll pay more than $900 for a new set of wheels and tires. Also consider if you are leasing the diff between a loaded Lariet and a ala carte xlt is almost nil due to the higher resale value. Your best bet if you go the original route is to buy a set of 17's on ebay. They have lots for sale. good luck

------------------
'00 EB AWD.K&N,Whitewalls turned in.

Old 03-21-2001, 02:52 PM
Yeah, usually the dealer will take you to the cleaners. But the dealer I have been dealing with seems to be a little different. A few weeks ago I was fixin to order a new 250 PSD. I wanted 265 michelins added when it arrived. They were gonna put the michelins on for an additional $170. And that price was for 5 tires. Of course that was the old tires traded in. Pretty good I think. Anyway, changed my mind and gonna order a supercrew. Going friday to talk to 'em and see what they can do.

------------------
1994 Toyota 4wd 22re Soon to have either 2001 Supercrew 4wd, or 2001 F-250 4wd PSD.

Quick Reply: Has anyone "swapped" wheels and tires when buying new truck?