To 98fword

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post To 98fword

FYI: I'm the guy who was asking about your 285/75/16 mt/r's and hellcat wheels. I called National tire to cancel the order after hearing about your problem but the order was in transit already. I got the wheels and tires yesterday and the rims look perfect - no porosity or machining problems. Sounds like you may have gotten blems - I would call and demand a replacement.

Old 12-01-2000, 09:03 PM
pra4snow,

I'm glad to hear your wheels weren't like mine. How is the polishing? Did they get into the scallops around the outer rim or between the spokes? With mine, it looks like they did the polishing in one direction around the wheel and really bore down hard. It looks nasty. The scalloped places are polished on one side and has the "as cast" finish on the other. The same thing with the area between the spokes. I'm waiting to see if Center Line is going to be willing to do anything before I attempt to polish these things right.

I just posted an update under "Got my Goodyear MT/R's."

------------------
98 F-150 XLT 4X4 ORP Super Cab Short Bed, 4.6, Auto, 4.10's, Mag-Hytec diff. cover, Magnacharger supercharger, Superchip, Gibson single cat-back, 80/100w German head lamps, Warn HS9500i winch with semi hidden mount, Wrangler dual battery kit with red & yellow top Optima batteries, 285/75R16 Goodyear MT/R's, 16x8 Center Line Hell Cats. Needs one more door.
http://hometown.aol.com/ninetyeightfword

Old 12-04-2000, 02:31 PM
98fword:

All of my polishing looks fine. All the area's that should be left "as cast" were left that way (the scalloped area around the outside edge of the rim and in between the spokes). So for now I have no complaints with either the rims or tires and they look great on the truck IMO. Good luck on getting replacements.

pra4snow

Quick Reply: To 98fword