New Michelin LTX Tires and AR Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Michelin LTX Tires and AR Wheels

Last month, I replaced a set of Winston Fun and Mud Series Tires on my 99 expedition. These tires were originall put on my 97 Expedition and I kept them when I leased th 99 Exp.
The tires had 55k (not bad for tires rated for 50K) There was still tread left, but the treads were cracking due to age. After spending two months of researching the replacements since the Fun and Mud series was no longer offered by Winston Tires, I went with the Michelin LTX MS in 265 75 R16 instead of the Bridgestone Dueller. This was becasuedof the Problems related to Brigestone and Firestone.

The tires are one size larger than what Ford put on. The older tires were also the same size.

Wanting to change the look of the OEM wheels, I put a set of American Racing Atlas wheels that are 1" wider than the factory wheels.

After 1500 miles The handling is improved, less noise and no more hydroplanning over bumps in the road. I also changed the shocks when the car was new, Rancho 9000 on the rear for towing and since R9000 were not available when the 99 came out, I put Monroe Sensa Trac in the front. Totally satisfied with the Michelins.

Quick Reply: New Michelin LTX Tires and AR Wheels