17 " wheel tire sizes

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-1999, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 17 " wheel tire sizes

Ok I know there aren't alot of options available for the 17" wheels as far as tires go. I was actually interested in maybe putting a bit taller tire on those wheels. Does anyone know of a bigger tire made that will go on those wheels without having to lift it? I don't care about the speedo, just would like something a little bigger. I don't know if there is a 285 available for these wheels or not.

Old 08-04-1999, 01:53 PM
Lightbulb

I have been looking for the same answer if anyone makes a larger tire for the 17 inch wheel besides the standard R265 x 17 which is 31.5 inches tall. The only thing I have found is the web site for Mickey Thompson tires: www.mickeythompsontires.com/offroad.html

He carries the Baja Belted and it looks to be 34 inches high and is recommended for a 8 in rim. As you are aware the factory rim is 7.5. This should mount OK I believe and I feel pretty sure no lift would be needed to clear this tire. Mickey Thompson Tires personnel should be more than able to advise on this choice. I hope this helps you in some way. I didn't see a price for the Baja Belted but there is a list of all the dealers in the country. Anyway let me know if you go this way.

Best of Luck

URCASEWORKER

Old 08-07-1999, 12:32 AM
Deputy~
Mickey Thompson is now also offering 35x12.50-17 and 33x12.50-17 in their Baja Belted HP design . . .

******JaSoN******

Old 08-28-1999, 11:36 PM
Funny, I am having the same problem in VA with finding wheels OR tires. Try to find Wheels to fit and then you will really "enjoy" the Ford 17 inchers!!!!

****JUst Checked Mickey Thompsons site. Confused, Says Baja's are to fit OEM 17" wheels, yet staes rim size of 8-10 in width??? Will they work??? Thanks!!

Wanted an American racing Python (chrome 5 spoke). Went to 5 places and got 4 different answers!! One guy was all ready to wrap up a deal. Of I found out they don't have "our" bolt pattern from another dealer. Real frustrating, no one on the street can help with a 150, one guy even said i should have brought a Chevy!!! Yikes!!! Next question is can a different tire, not a 265 70 fit on the 17" rim???!!! Once again mass confusion

[This message has been edited by rotthousef150 (edited 08-28-1999).]

Quick Reply: 17 " wheel tire sizes