discount tire

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry discount tire

Went to get new tires on my 2001 screw only to find out that they don't stock nitto terra grapplers in 265-70-17. Had to order them, told that they should come in about 3 days. It took 3 weeks, on back order. Finaly got them yesterday.

Now the real problem. When they tried to get the back wheels off they would not come loose. So the dumb a$$ beat on the inside of the wheels with a sledge hammer. When he took the tires off the wheels you could see that the lip was bent.

What should I do?

Old 01-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Make them replace 'em

Old 01-27-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm with Tex. Ask to speak to the Manager. If some Goober even touched my wheels with a hammer, I'd take all means necessary to get the situation fully resolved.

Old 01-27-2004, 08:31 PM
I went one time to get the tires rotated and when I left 2 of the caps came flying off and got crushed by the traffic behind me before I could get stopped and go back and get them. I had new ones the next day after I came back and spoke to the manager

Old 01-27-2004, 08:41 PM
I go to Discount tires, but like anyone else that touches my truck...I DONT TRUST THEM !!!

I always check the air pressure and center caps before I leave the lot. I also watch everything they do, I don't sit in the waiting area. It also makes a good time to look at the pads and rotors while they have the tires off.

Go talk to the manager and see what he has to say about it.

Old 01-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Keep in mind that when you go in don't go in screaming and yelling that everyone that works there is an idiot. When I used to work in a service station I had to deal with this on occasion. I had some people ranting and raving and threatening to call the cops. I wasn't as thrilled to help that person out as the people who came in and calmly explained what happened and just asked what they wanted me to do to make it right. Speak to the manager and show him what happened and if its a quality place they should buy you a new wheel if its an aluminum since they can't be fixed very well once they're bent. It is safe to hit from the back with a hammer to get a tire off. The catch is you have hit the tire not the wheel. Gotta make sure you're a good shot or you'll smack the wheel and you bend or break the wheel. I usually tried to do a mule kick from the outside to the tire to jar it loose. That way I'm just using my boots and its harder to damage the wheels.

Old 01-28-2004, 12:30 AM
I had a similar problem a while back with my previous truck. I went to one of the big tire store chains to get new tires put on. When they went to put my truck on the lift, they didn't put the lift on my trucks frame. Instead, they lifted it by the body. It caved in both sides of my bed. They ended up paying for the damage, but it still makes me mad to think about it. Another time at the same chain but different location, I was having new tires mounted on a set of brand new wheels for my vintage Triumph. Somehow, they managed to put a huge dent in the middle of each center cap. The 3rd and final time I ever went to this chain, they left the trim rings off my trailer wheels after putting new tires on. When I went back to get them, they said they must have been stolen. Anymore, I watch while my truck is being worked on.

Dave

Trending Topics

Old 01-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Spork, just like everyone else has said, go back and speak to the manager. They should replace your wheels.

If they don't want to replace them, make sure that you have proof that the shop hammered your rims.

How do you know they used a hammer? Did they tell you? Did you see them?

If it comes to this, get a small claims court form. Fill it out and show it to the manager. If they still refuse, file it in the court system.

This may seem brash, but rims are expensive. I would work as much as I could with the manager, but sometimes they will try and pull a fast one on you. Show that you are not playing around.

Old 01-29-2004, 07:57 AM
They had my truck in the bay right by the window in the waiting room. I saw every thing. When they took both of the tires off the rims he used the sledge on I could see from the window that they where bent. He didn't hit them just once, four hits on the drivers side, and three hits on the passenger side. He wasn’t giving them a love tap, When he hit them it shook the whole truck!

I got a hold of the manager before the new tires got put on to have him look at the damage. When he comes back he tells me that the teck just wanted to get my truck done so he could get out of work on time. I then had the manager note that two of my wheel where damaged by them on my bill. If I would have stood there any longer I would have found out what car was the teck's and made him look on as I beet on his car with a bigger sledge hammer.

Old 02-03-2004, 03:31 PM
they will replace them, i took some brand new ATV douglas rims
in to get tires mounted and they rim slipped on the machine ,
and bent the crap out of the lip. They took care of everything and I still goto go and ride at ocotillo that weekend. If only they were old rims! Don't trust them but what ever they break they replace so watch their every move!

Quick Reply: discount tire