315/75/16 MT's on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2001, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh yes...the yoko MTs were on backorder for several months, I looked all over the internet and everything...and then one night i (re)checked tirerack.com in late dec. and they had a set- i ordered em and got em for about $650 including shipping and they turned out great...bought some rims through my local shop- personally, the set up i think is sweet and they are awesome on & offroad (esp. offroad), anywayz, good luck- check up on tirerack.com maybe they have another set...

------------------
-Brandon Warford
97 F150 4x4 Sport Brt. Red SuperCab
4.6l Triton V8
3.55LS
3" Performance Acc. Body Lift & lift lips
1-1.5" torsion bar adjust. so it sits level
Clear Corner Lenses
315/75R16 Yoko. Geolander MTs
American Racing Atlas 16x10
Pioneer 8000 3D series
Boston Acoustic 5x7s
Sony Xplode 4ch Amp
(2) 8" RF XLC Subs
True Dual Exhaust
--(2) Stage 3 Flows (Exits like the Lightning)
Custom 4x4 Sticker
Viper Alarm
FUTURE MODS:
4.56 gears
Repaint around Headlights where clearcoat is coming off >=(
Possibly a Manik Brush Guard and Roll Bar--we'll see
Thats about it for now!
Killintime4fun@aol.com
"THROUGH the river and OVER the woods to grandmother's house we go."

"...the road curves to the right and there are a lot of signs that say you cannot turn left...TURN LEFT."

Old 02-24-2001, 06:56 PM
Thumbs down

Already checked there... no luck! I'm sure they'll eventually come in, and somehow or other I can see myself buying buying the FOURTH set of tires for my now 1 year old truck! I really like the 315's and performance is still "acceptable". I think 4.10 gears are now officially on my wish list, though.

My debate right now is whether I should keep the off-brand 315 A/T's I have now and MAYBE trade them in on the Yoko MT's if and when they do come in, or decide to stick with BFG AT's which I really think is a great tire, order them in 315, cough up the extra $$$ and go back and swap these generics next week. Fortunately, the tire store I deal with will give me full credit for the tires he sold me yesterday if I go with the BFG's. I'm sort of leaning that way right now. Anybody have any suggestions? I have to admit, my desire for the Yoko MT's is only 10% for practical use and 90% for looks...

-Jon-

Old 02-26-2001, 10:20 AM
Aw, screw it... I'm staying with the 315 ATR's I bought Friday. They fit and look fine after I did some more trimming on the front valance! Saving the money for new gears now, but performance is still acceptable

"Like new" 285/75/16 BFG AT KO's are available now. $160 / tire new, mine have roughly 5k miles... asking $350 for the set! If you're interested contact me at
jscadwell@home.com

------------------
-JonC-
*Silver 2000 4x2 F150 Supercab
*4.6L Triton V8
*315/75/16 Pathfinder ATR's
*16 x 8 Panther Custom 108's
*K&N GenII FIPK
*Custom Cat-back w/ Flowmaster 50 Series
*Fabtech 6.5" "Ultimate" suspension lift
*Smittybilt nerf bars
*Extang Black Max soft tonneau
*Stull billet grille
*Clear corners

Old 02-26-2001, 08:39 PM
Thumbs up

JonC,

those are the same tires and size I bought. I was thinkin the same thing when I bought them. I started looking at the BFG A/T's, but they were $200/ tire with a 50k mile tread life warranty. I paid $125/tire, they have a 60k tread life warranty, and almost exactly the same tread pattern. Now, before a bunch of you guys jump on me, I know a tread life warranty doesn't mean a whole lot. But to me it shows a company is willing to stand behind it's tire. I also know BFG makes one hell of a tire, I just couldn't afford $800 for tires alone, maybe next time. These tires are made by Kelley Springfield, which is a reputable tire maker.

------------------
1997 F-150 Supercab 4X4,Royal Blue,4.6 V-8, Tow Package,3.55 LS,
K&N FIPK,Performance Accessories 3" body lift,Superchip,
Gibson Supertruck Exhaust,Smitty Nerf Bars,
16X10 Eagle 589's, 315/75-16 A/T's,
Alpine CD,Alpine 5 Channel Amp,PPI 5 X 7's,
Boston 10" Sub.

Pics at: http://www.f150world.com/loknload/

Old 02-26-2001, 09:06 PM
Your truck looks great, Lok n Load! Love that blue... Are your wheels 16 x 10's? Mine are 16x8's and the tires look a little different on them than in your pics. Maybe with the money I saved not getting BFG's I can buy some 10" wheels (I really like the ones I have now though...)

These are decent tires. I've certainly got no gripes so far! It's been raining and nasty here all weekend and today... wet traction is great!

Question for you... how did you get more than one pic in your signature? I can't weem to get more than one at a time. I wanted to have something like you have with a couple of different angles.

Thanks again!

------------------
-JonC-
*Silver 2000 4x2 F150 Supercab
*4.6L Triton V8
*315/75/16 Pathfinder ATR's
*16 x 8 Panther Custom 108's
*K&N GenII FIPK
*Custom Cat-back w/ Flowmaster 50 Series
*Fabtech 6.5" "Ultimate" suspension lift
*Smittybilt nerf bars
*Extang Black Max soft tonneau
*Stull billet grille
*Clear corners

Old 02-27-2001, 10:46 PM
JonC...do you happen to know the offset of the Panther 108's you have on your truck? I was wanting to compare it to the factory offset. I recall reading recently that the stock ORP wheels are +14mm. I can't find the information on the Panther web site.

By the way, I would like to see .jpg pics of your truck taken from other angles. My e-mail is zach1955@aol.com

Many thanks!

Old 02-28-2001, 12:03 AM
Thumbs up

JonC,

Yup, wheels are 16x10. It rains here all the time so I know what you mean about wet traction. As far as the sig, just type the address of the next photo you want in right after the first one. Click on edit on my post and you'll see what I mean.

Lok

------------------
1997 F-150 Supercab 4X4,Royal Blue,4.6 V-8, Tow Package,3.55 LS,
K&N FIPK,Performance Accessories 3" body lift,Superchip,
Gibson Supertruck Exhaust,Smitty Nerf Bars,
16X10 Eagle 589's, 315/75-16 A/T's,
Alpine CD,Alpine 5 Channel Amp,PPI 5 X 7's,
Boston 10" Sub.

Pics at: http://www.f150world.com/loknload/

[This message has been edited by Lok N Load (edited 02-28-2001).]

Old 02-28-2001, 09:56 AM
Zach... nope, don't happen to recall the offset. When I bought them I was more worried about the backspacing. I'll post some more pictures when it stops raining down here and I get out and take some. All the ones I have are pretty old and need to be updated to keep up with the changes made.

LnL... Thanks for the tip, but I've tried that already. I added the location right after the first on the same line, I tried adding it on a second line of it's own, I put the [img][/img] after each separately, after both together... nothing seems to work. I must just be missing something, probably simple, too! I have to admit these tires look better on our trucks on 10" wheels than on 8"... how much did those wheels set you back if you don't mine my asking? I'll keep the 8" for a while because so far I haven't had any rubbing problems or anything but the 10" wheels really make them look good!

Old 02-28-2001, 01:29 PM
I have to ask a really dumb question JonC...what is the difference between backspacing and offset?

I take it the Panther's you purchased were close to factory backspacing?

[This message has been edited by Zach (edited 02-28-2001).]

Old 02-28-2001, 05:46 PM
Backspacing is the measurement, usually in inches, from the back or inside edge of the wheel to the surface which mounts against your hub. The Panther 108 backspace is 4.5", same as stock. By the way, this is the max you can have for use with the Fabtech control arms, per Fabtech installation instructions.

Offset is the distance, usually in millimeters I think, that that same hub mounting surface is "offset" from the centerline of tha wheel. It can be either positive or negative, depending upon whether the mounting surface is more toward the inside or the outside of the wheel. I'm not sure which is which, but a "zero offset" would be right in the middle.

Hope this helps... and hope I explained it right! I didn't know what either one was (or even care!) before I started modifying my truck. Most of what I know, I learned right here...

Old 02-28-2001, 09:54 PM
JonC....Your explanation is most insightful, many thanks for all of your help, sir.

Quick Reply: 315/75/16 MT's on the way!