ready for a change

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2001, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb ready for a change

I have a 97 f150 4x4, ext. cab,flareside.
the tires need to be changed soon and I thought as long as I was buying new tires I might as well change the wheels too.
I like the big wheels with the low tires but I dont know if they would look dumb on a 4x4 or not.
any one have suggestions on what I should replace stock with?

------------------
Wegie (long E)

wegie@home.com
1997 F-150, xlt,ext.cab, flareside bed, 4x4, elec. windows,elec.door locks, tow package, am/fm tapedeck,
Aftermarket includes...
Low Glow under body neon tube kit, "The Edge" fiberglass tonneau cover, Lund fiberglass running boards, Lund 5 light moonvisor, American Auto Designs F-1 "Cobra hood", 27 piece Rosewood dash and interior wood grain kit,Grant rosewood steering wheel cover, Superchip, Air Force 1 FIPK, 7" Lighted Ford Logo on front grill.Pro Beam GTS headlight covers..on the way..sidewinder three oval side glass covers, billet alum.3rd brakelight cover,'THE WING' rear tonneau wing.

Old 02-10-2001, 07:40 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!! THE PRPOSE OF A 4X4 IS TO HAVE LOTS OF TIRE, AND CLEARANCE. THE MORE THE BETTER. SEEN IT DONE, AND IT LOOKS REDICULOUS. LOW PRO'S COST MORE THAT 285 M/T, AND YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE THE PAVEMENT WITH THE LO PRO'S. GO 285/75R16 BFG M/T, OR INTERCO TRXUS M/T, BOTH BAD *** TIRES.

LATERZ

------------------
Plazer

Old 02-11-2001, 09:32 AM
Wegie
What size tires do you have on your truck? If you have the 255's which is what I had you might want to look at a set of 275/60hr-17 tires on 17x8" rims. here are some pics of my truck with that setup, the overall diamiter is the same as the stock tires so the speadomiter will not be affected, and they are 3 inches wider than stock.

------------------
1999 F150 4x4 4.6V8 regcab/shortbed
Oxford White with Wedgewood Blue two tone, with Blue Captains chairs
Bullet Cat Back, Superchip, K&N FIPK Intake.
Centerline Saber rims 17x8" with Firestone GTA 275/60hr-17 tires.
Alpine CDA-7845, ADS P640 Amp, Focal Poly Kevlar seperates.

SILVER 2001 LIGHTNING on order
http://members.tripod.com/donf150/Welcome/id7.html

[This message has been edited by Don C (edited 02-11-2001).]

Old 02-11-2001, 09:49 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wegie:
the tires need to be changed soon and I thought as long as I was buying new tires I might as well change the wheels too.
I like the big wheels with the low tires but I dont know if they would look dumb on a 4x4 or not.

</font>

Old 02-11-2001, 10:07 AM
Wink

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wegie:

</font>
=============================================The whole purpose in changing the appearance on you truck is too make it look different, you have all ready added a few after market item's.You have a 4x4, lose the running boards get some dyno rims some 33's make that ford truck mean looking again. If not keep your neon tube kit drop 8 inches and get some 20's if thats the way you wanna go.But when is too much too much.
joey s.

Quick Reply: ready for a change