FORD, FIRESTONE, DEALERS, MISINFORMATION, and DEATH?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2000, 07:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post FORD, FIRESTONE, DEALERS, MISINFORMATION, and DEATH?

Watched a very interesting bit on MSNBC. They had hidden camera's. Took a Ford Explorer with left front and right rear Firestone Wilderness AT's that where IN FACT part of the recall.

One dealership said "none of the tires where part of the recall!"

Another said only the right rear was part of the recall. Got 1 right! Missed the other.

Another dealer said 3 tires where part of the recall. Got 1 right and 2 wrong.

----------------------------------------
This is another reason I DO NOT TRUST DEALERS!!! These people are supposed to be informed and educated about the situation. God only knows how many dealerships have told mothers with childred to drive on recalled tires!

This REALLY pisses me off! Its bad enough that I have had, and seen, some really bad experiences with dealerships. They have lied and misdiagnosed problems time and time again. Now we see that they are playing Russian Roulette with peoples lives due to there lazy, stupid, inadequacies...

One of the dealerships was a local Ford dealer where I live. I think its Sheehy Ford of Springfield VA. Once confronted, they did do a very good job of attempting to correct the situation. At least in front of the camera. Fact is, THAT NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED! These are LIVES PEOPLE!!

This recall will definately bring Firestone to its knees. Ford... I like Ford products, but the legal battles will hurt them! If we find out that Ford knew about the problem and did nothing... Let-um BURN!

------------------
Rand

98 Ford Expedition 4X4 XLT
5.4, 3.73s, 17" wheels,
Homemade 3" "COLD" Air-Box
mod, SuperChip, Amsoil
everywhere but tranny, Perma-
Cool combo 6 pass trans/oil
cooler (FQR 5.4 @ 50K)

Old 09-16-2000, 02:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

That is a fact,and also I'm in New Mexico.
Which is a Hot weather state,and what have I seen? I took a day or so to notice what tires are mounted on Ford light trucks. nearly every one that was new enough to have the original tires,still had
them on and many of them were family vehicles. Baby car seats in almost every one. I have seen some with new tires,but
not a whole lot. Are some people really
that out of touch? If it were me(and it isn't)
I would have replaced them before driving
off the lot with it. I've worked at two Ford dealerships since they started using these tires and have seen them at all different mileages. These tires were always junk,they had chunks of tread missing,just like someone had torn them
out with a pair of pliers. The sidewall to tread corners were gone on nearly all of them. And,nearly all just looked plain worn out way before they should have.
This whole mess could've been avoided
if Ford had used another brand of tire.
Underinflated or not,tires should not fall
apart!!! Firestone has had quality control issues for years,Why did Ford ever use this brand to begin with!?,,,,98

Old 09-16-2000, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am guessing tha ford went to the firestones because firestone offered them one heck of a good deal on them.Even if they were only to save 3 bucks a tire multiply that by 4 and then multiply that by how many vehicles were equipped with these junky tires.The savings really add up fast.I am thinking this because my employer(Roseburg Forest Products) keeps losing the market to smaller companies that undercut our prices by a couple of dollars a unit.just my two cents

------------------
JET air filter
delta tool box
pumpin' stereo
class III reciever hitch
spray in bedliner
headlight covers
custom painted taillight covers
cranked torsion bars 2000 black F150 4x4 sport v-6
-----------------------

lightningcrashz@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: FORD, FIRESTONE, DEALERS, MISINFORMATION, and DEATH?