How are American Eagle Wheels???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2000, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How are American Eagle Wheels???

I'm finally gonna go and buy new tires and rims this weekemd. i was just wondering if anyone has american eagle wheels. i really like the 161 series. but everything looks good on the webpage. i was just curious about the quality. thanks for the help

------------------
99 4x4 XLT
4.6L V8
Torreador Red
AM/FM/CD
All Power
K&N Filter

Coming Soon:
Tires, Dual Exhaust,
Billet, Chip?

Old 08-31-2000, 06:40 PM
i have had the polished 118's since october '99. also had new cooper's put on at same time. ever since the wheels have constantly been out of balance - never had this problem going about 40,000 miles w/ stock rims and tires.
the weights are stuck on the inside instead of clipped on the edge of the rim. i don't know if the shop is ran by idiots or its the rims or the tires.
i live on a gravel road so there are some chips/divets on the rear rims.

i like AE, they are affordable.

Old 08-31-2000, 11:15 PM
I have the 171s on my 97 and they are good wheels. I got them from a local tire shop used, but basically new. Someone bought them for his expedition, but the calipers are different from the 150s so they dont work with these wheels. So they were mounted once. I got a good deal on them.

They are 16x8s with BFG 285s on them. I have not had any issues with them as of yet. Since they are polished wheels, about once a month you have to polish the wheels otherwise they dull.

Old 09-01-2000, 09:13 AM
Question

Matt90GT,
Don't mean to disrupt your topic Bud Man, but could you tell us what you're using as a polish? My wheels have got water spots in them that won't come out unless I use a medium cut compound. That creates an even bigger mess. Thanks!

------------------
'97 F-150 Lariat Ext. Cab 4X4
  • White/Silver
  • 4.6L, Auto.
  • Tinted Windows/Bedmat/Toolbox/Lund Bug Deflector
  • 265/75/16 BFGoodrich on polished 16x8 AR-136's
  • Cat-back Dual Exhaust
  • Polar Bear Grille Guard

Old 09-01-2000, 09:56 AM
On the eagles I have been using Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish. I has worked pretty well. I have some stains on the wheels from water too and they come out a little bit. I think with some more elbow work they would come out.

For tougher stains, look into Wenol polishes. They do a really excellent job! I polished up my progressive wheels on the stang with wenol after a cleaner stained them.

Old 09-01-2000, 09:57 AM
Thumbs up

Thank ya! I didn't want to just add to my collection unless I knew something would work!

Quick Reply: How are American Eagle Wheels???