Super Swampers TSL Radials

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2000, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Super Swampers TSL Radials

Hello, does anyone have any firsthand experience with Super Swamper TSL Radials as far as how they handle on the highway and there daily drivability and exactly how much louder are they then the all terrians that I run now. I know they dont last long, I've heard about 25k or so but because it is steet driven most of the time, I was just curios. I'm deciding between the 36x14.4 or the 38x15 so I am not able to choose the Super Swamper SSR's.
Thanks for any input

[This message has been edited by Squanto804 (edited 02-13-2000).]

Old 02-14-2000, 12:02 AM
Unhappy

Anyone, Please.....

Old 02-14-2000, 12:06 AM
I have used them. They are loud, dont do very well on wet pavement and as you said they dont last that long. The SSRs come in a 35x14.50, but I am not sure that is what you want. Hope this helps

Old 02-14-2000, 12:11 AM
Thanks Smill, how did they handle on the road and highway?

Old 02-14-2000, 09:58 PM
Smile

smill, thanks for the reply.
It's hard to beleive that out of over 4000+ members, your the only one that replied.
Thanks for the help anyways.

Old 02-15-2000, 12:42 AM
They handle ok, but not as well as the SSRs or the BFG Mud Terrains. I wouldnt want to drive on any twisty mountain roads at highway speeds because they have fairly soft sidewalls. They tend to be a little soft for my taste. Hope this helps.

Old 02-17-2000, 05:07 AM
I just got my SuperSwampers installed this Monday. They are very much louder than the stock all terrains. But I knew what I was getting myself into!! I really don't care too much tho, cause they sound bad A$$ anyways!! I just got to get use to it! They definitely have a nice hummm to them! As far as the performance on road, I will have to get back you later on that...seeing I have only had them on for a couple of days, but as of right now...not too much difference between the two. They are much heavier than the stock...which I have noticed thru the brakes and engine-the price you pay for an awesome off-road tread! I got the 265/80/16-32" & some change/10". I finally found thier web page if you are interested: www.intercotire.com
By the way what year is your truck?
If you got any more questions e-mail me at XVR4667_MM@hotmail.com. I will be more than happy to help ya out!

Trending Topics

Old 02-18-2000, 12:02 AM
Wink

Thanks XVR4667 for writing, I went ahead and ordered 36x14.5x16.5 the other day and had them put on yesterday. Your right about being a heavy tire. I was running 35's and these are ALOT heavier than the others were. I did notice it in the braking. Just something I'll have to adapt to. I run 4.56 gears, so did not hurt the engine much. I've only driven them about 10 miles so far. The hum really does not bother me(not much louder than the AT's I had) I was told that siping the tread helps. Runs real good at highway speed. You sure do feel the big lugs at slow speeds. The company that put the tires on put only 20 psi of pressure in each tire which seemed pretty low so I called Interco and they said I should run 32 psi unloaded and 35 loaded so that might make a little diff on how they ride.
Thanks agian for the input. Forgot, I have a 97 4x4 .....Scott

Old 02-18-2000, 10:42 PM
Squanto....Super Swampers are made to get you out of the Mud and look great. They definately do that!! If you want wear, drivability, ride, value, and quietness, they aren't for you. However, they do look killer!! As long as they are loud, go for the Boggers!

Old 02-19-2000, 02:24 PM
Exclamation

One word of advise. Carry a wrench.When I put Swampers on my Jeep (which I sold to get my F-150) , it seemed like everything started rattling louder and louder every day. I had to have my exhaust manifold replaced(loosened and warped !),my suspension retorqued every 5k miles, and had to stuff matchbooks in the crevices in the dash. Other than that , they were the best darn tires I had ever owned.And do be careful in the rain. They are verrry slick when wet !

Quick Reply: Super Swampers TSL Radials