Question about Rear ABS

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 08:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is a Jumper Wire

Hi all,

Hopefully somebody can help me out here. My ABS light and brake light have recently come on and the brakes don't feel right either, so I know it is a legitimate problem. My chilton manuals describes how to troubleshoot the problem using the RABS II Diagnostic Port. So I have found the RABSII Diagnostic Port, but I now need a jumper wire so I can determine what my problem is. My problem is, what is a jumper wire? Where can I get one? Can I use something as a substitute?

As always, I appreciate any help. Thanks.
97, 4.2L, 5-speed, 4X4, 60,000miles

Last edited by 97 XLT 4X4,4.2L; 07-09-2003 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Jumper wires

A jumper wire is a piece of wire used to connect 2 wires together. Usually it has gator clips on the end to free up your hands. They can be purchesed at radio shack in several different colors. They can be made yourself with extra wire. I have dosens of different ones made from wire harnesses, jumper cables, and even 50 foot extensions chords ( for running power from the batt. to rear of gas tanks of motorhomes). Also old o2 sensors (and others) are good when male pins are needed instead of gators.

Old 07-11-2003, 09:22 PM
jumper wire

jumper wire

let me try to help you out here.
1 your abs light must be on .
behind the passangers side kick panel,you should see a connector i beleive one side is a red wire,the other black/red stripe.
engine running disconnect
connector.
take a piece of wire about 6"long striped at each end.
put one end of wire to black/red stripe wire,
the other end touch a ground source,just touch to groud for a second remove.abs should start blinking count blinks,check book for code #s.plug connector back at kick panel.kill engine.

i went to ford today thats all they did.my truck was code #9.
i hope this helps for jumper

Quick Reply: Question about Rear ABS