Super Swamper TSL

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Super Swamper TSL

Does anyone here run Super Swamper's TSL series tire, I'm thinking about getting some 36's(quite an upgrade from the 33's I have now) and I was wondering if anyone knows how they perform on road/off road, noise, wear, etc. and info at all would be helpful. Thnx

Old 05-15-2003, 02:45 PM
You going to run bias ply or radials. I'm running bias TSLs on my trail truck right now. Don't plan on running them long on the street though. You'll get maybe 20k from them, radials are a little better at 30-40k. Now forget balancing a bias ply tire, they're almost impossible to keep balanced. They ride a little on the rough side and they're one of the noisiest tires I've ever heard. Mine are louder than my friends boggers. To give you an idea my ranger lost its muffler and right now the exhaust stops at the back of the cab and my shifter boots are loose so that makes it VERY loud in the cab. My tires are loud enough to drown out that noise. My dad has heard me driving the truck 2 miles away. Now that being said they're awesome offroad, but thats what they were built for. They're not a street friendly tire. If you really want a swamper streetable tire that still have some preformance offroad look at the TrXus MT or the SSR.

Old 05-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Gonna agree with Powerstroke. I love my TSL's but there not on my daily driver. They are loud and a bit rough especially when its cold. But if you dont have a long way to drive and you dont mind the noise (i installed a bigger stereo) and you will use them offroad I say go for it.

Old 05-16-2003, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the info guys, a big help. This is a daily driver with off-road use pretty much every weekend, and I think the noise of the TSL's will be too much.

Quick Reply: Super Swamper TSL