Dunlop Radial Rover RT

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dunlop Radial Rover RT

Is anyone running the Dunlop Radial Rover RT? I am thinking of replacing my original goodyear ap's with these tires.

Old 04-11-2003, 10:54 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I've got Wrangler APs too. They just passed inspection with 66k. I'll be in the market next year unless a sale comes along.

I liked the Dunlop Radial Rover tread and looks.
What turned me off was the price.

Dunlop Radial Rover - $60
Wrangler(AP) - $83
Michelin LTX - $129

I want something better than the Wrangler AP next time. Using Tireracks prices as a gauge I don't see how that could be true with the Dunlop.

I just believe that there's 'no free lunch'.

Good Luck!

Old 04-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Do you mean Radial rover AT'S? I got a set of 265/70/17's from Tire Rack in Feb. and just LOVE them. I replaced a set of Continental Contitrac SUV's which tended to be quite noisy but ok other than that. Have driven in rain,ice storms,deep snow,dirt, etc and they performed well and are quiet. I paid $93.00 ea. My son runs them on his TOY and has driven thru snow up to the doors--got stuck but got out on his own.

Old 04-11-2003, 11:15 PM
yeah, I meant rover AT. They seem like the best deal. And Dunlops are usually pretty good. $315 for 4 truck tires works for me.

Old 04-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Sometimes when tires are that cheap, it's because they are being discontinued in preparation for an all-new or updated model. The manufacturer and the distributors need to clear out their inventory to be ready to stock the new model when it comes out.

That gives the consumer an opportunity to get a great deal on a quality tire. The down side is that in 8 or 12 or 18 months, replacements may not be available in that exact model. You may end up with a mismatched tire or tires if you have to replace a defective or irrepairable tire.

I can't say that's what's going on with the Radial Rover, but it's a possibility. If the tire is being discontinued, it might not be a bad idea to buy 5 or 6 so that you have one or two spares. If you go through the 4 and still have the spares, you'd certainly be able to sell them on their own and not lose too much $.

I would recommend checking with Tire Rack or Dunlop to see if that's the case.

Hope this helps,
Pete

Old 04-16-2003, 03:33 PM
I bought a set of the radial rover R/T's in December from Tirerack and love em... I got the 265/75/16's on my 4x F150. They perform unbelievable in snow, great in rain, and are great on the road.... highway buzz just a bit, but not compared to straight mud tires... a very good aggressive tire that performs on road as well.... I'm gettin good wear too.

Old 04-17-2003, 12:07 AM
Radial Rover RV

I had a set of Radial Rover RVs on my old truck in the size 33x12.50R16.5. They were tough and wore excellent. Not quite aggressive enough though so I bought the identical tire in the Mud Rover tread. No complaints, excellent tires.

Quick Reply: Dunlop Radial Rover RT