Brake Fluid??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brake Fluid??

Hey I have a question for whoever?

Along with all the other synthetic oils in the trucks now.. Is the brake fluid synthetic also??

I was bleeding my brakes and the fluid was neon green....and it was th efactory fluid....

Thanks

Old 01-15-2003, 05:52 AM
Can't tell ya

I just flushed the brake fluid on my Mustang GT and I went to the dealer and bought 3 bottles of the mortorcraft brake fluid to do it.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Thumbs up Thanks anyways...

Hell since ford makes just about everything for their cars and trucks I should of known that they made their own fluid. Ill go and pick some up when I get a chance..

Thanks hapynzap

Old 01-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Motul 5.1 synthetic Brake fluid is compatible with all others. Its Goooood stuff.

Old 01-15-2003, 08:53 PM
5.4 lariat - no problem

Funny story

My son's Bronco II has been missing and he just put new plugs and wires on it. He also has put in a new fuel pump. So he says he want sto take it in for a diagnostic to Ford for $77. I drive over to give him a ride home and while I was there I picked up 3 more bottles of Motorcraft brake fluid, heh.

Anyways the dealer calls and say the fuel pressure is low and they need to change the fuel filter for another $40. He says ok. Come to find out that was the problem. I asked him if he felt stupid now and he says NO I couldn't find it to relace it, haha. Expensive lesson but it's on his nickle. $116 worth YIKES

Old 01-16-2003, 02:39 AM
Talking Ahh the Bronco II's

I have a BII it's an 88' 4x4...I got it from my Aunt and it is in real nice shape, the electronic 4x4 works great...however when i got it, she was running like crap, I replaced the air filter, and did the plugs, ran a can of "Scrubbin Bubbles" through the engine, and checked timing. And that really made it come alive. But when on the highway I was noticing when I goosed it and droped a gear it would feel like it would miss and stumble again......

Thats when I changed the fuel filter, and damn, that made a huge diffrence. I couldnt even blow through the old one, and the new one was also alot bigger too. It was a WIX I think.

Since then It has run great!!

And the olf fuel filter was the factory one..With 100K on it.

Ahh the lessons learned..

Quick Reply: Brake Fluid??