ABS Screwy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2000, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ABS Screwy?

Hey Guys, I've got a problem with my ABS light coming on all the time now. I take it to the Ford and they say they can't find the problem, that there is no code and my computer will not talk to their computer. So now what? Should I let them have my truck for a week so they can screw with it and get stratches in the paint that wasn't there when I left it with them or should I just pull the dang ABS light out and say screw it? Any suggestions? Help!

Old 08-07-2000, 06:21 PM
You didn't mention what year, but if it's still under warranty, your computer is their computer to fix. Know what you mean about leaving well enough alone... but someday you may need the ABS working, and a few feet could mean all the difference. I would take it in.

Old 08-07-2000, 06:31 PM
Talking

I agree. You may only ever *need* ABS for but a second -- but the memory of what occurred during that second will stay with you forever.

------------------
Y2K™ Jim Gorka

Toreador Red, Keyless XLT SC SB 5.4L E4x4 4wDisc/ABS, 3.73LS, Skid, HD 7700# Towing, LT-245's on Chrome, Tube-Steps, Captain's, 6CD, Tonneau, named: "Nick"

Old 08-07-2000, 10:57 PM
Angry

Yeah I know ABS comes in handy but Gosh darn it I'm tired of taking my truck in and they say the same darn thing about it's my computer's fault well all I've got to say is order me a new computer plug it in and let me be on my way... Don't bull me and tell me they might have to keep my truck for a week or 2 to fix the problem.

99 F-150 XL Black Sport
20,200 miles on it
V-6 3.55 manual
Headlight, Tail light covers
Bug deflector, Wiper Cowl,
Bed Cover K&N filter

Old 08-08-2000, 02:07 PM
Question

Have patience, it will be resolved. Do the ABS brakes work? Have you had more than one dealer try to communicate with your computer? Have you checked the ABS wiring to the diff plug? (just an idea) Rear suspension travel and water crossing can affect this connection.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back,
3" exit Y-pipe, Hellwig rear anti-sway bar.

Quick Reply: ABS Screwy?