Caliper Slide Rails

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2000, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Caliper Slide Rails

Took my truck in for its 45K service, the honeymoon with my dealers is over. Not to rant threw this whole message but I had to wait 9.5 hours for an oil change. I just moved to NC and had a great dealer in Pa. If anybody knows a good Ford dealer in the Greensboro or High Point, NC area please let me know.

But back to my question. I always like to check up on what the techs have done to my truck (ie changed the oil, didn't steal my K&N, etc). What is the caliper slide rail and how can I check to see if they lubed it?

------------------
The Truck: 1997 Black F-150 Flareside. Regular Cab ORP and Towing Package
The Mods: K&N Filter, Eurolid Hard Tonneau, Profile Windstream Side Deflectors and Ford Bug Deflector.
The Site:
Triton's 4.6 Liter Web Page
www.mindspring.com/~acbradley/index.html

Old 01-05-2000, 09:54 PM
The caliper slide rail is what amounts to a big bolt that atttaches the caliper to the mounting bracket. The slide rail itself rides inside the mouting bracket. It is attached to the caliper with a 13mm bolt. You will also see a dust boot on each one.

Hope that helps.

------------------
'97 F150 Lariat, Flareside, white/sliver, SC, ORP, 5.4 (FQR 8/99) running Mobil 1
Mods: 305/70/16 GY ATS, AR Baja wheels, dual exhaust, Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, K&N Filter, Carbon Fiber Bug Gaurd and rigged the fog lights too.

Old 01-06-2000, 10:18 AM
Unhappy

That's the "caliper slide rail"? Why can't they just call it a big friggin bolt????

... ok, maybe they could leave the "friggin" out of the description.

Old 01-06-2000, 11:18 AM
Wink

Indyfan,
Then you would get it confused with the "big friggin bolt" on the spring, or the "big friggin bolt" on the transmision, or the "big friggin bolt" on the ...

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
Just kiddin' with you.

------------------
'97 F150 Red/Silver Lariat, SC, 157" wheelbase.
Factory Equipment includes: 4x4, 5.4L, Automatic, 3.55LS, Graphite leather, Power bucket seats, HD Tow package, Rear sliding window, Ford bed Liner, electric shift on the fly.

Aftermarket additions/modifications: Superchipped, K&N Air filter, Air box Mods, 2-1/2" True Dual exhaust with chrome tips out the back, 36" glass packs, 265/75/16 Michelin LTX A/T's, custom rear spring pack, cranked torsion bars, Bug deflector, Window Drip edge guards, Sony 10 Disk CD changer, Chrome Nerf Bars, Extang Tonneau cover.

Future additions: Hellwig bar, tinted front windows, super white lights, IAS Shocks and the list goes on and on and on and...

Old 01-06-2000, 08:48 PM
Cool

Hmmmmm.... you may have a point. But if they called it the "Big-Friggin-Bolts (with-the-little-rubber-boots) on-the-brakes", I'd look at the book, look at the brakes and say: OH! There they are!

Old 01-06-2000, 10:32 PM
Cool

Because caliper slide rail sounds important so you'll spend money to have it lubed. If they called it a big friggin bolt nobody would pay to have it lubed.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 01-29-2000, 10:08 PM
Smile

Triton 46,
Don't of any good dealers in High Point or Greensboro. I have hear mixed results at most of the dealers. If your willing to drive over to Winston-Salem Parkway Ford is a pretty good dealer. Always fix my truck right the first time although it's not the cheapest place. Some of the service advisors are less than knowlegeable but the technicians seem to know there stuff.

Quick Reply: Caliper Slide Rails