West AZ, CA, HI, NV

Pismo Meet June 24th-26th

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
What about MercedesTech? I bet James would def be in on this.
I was just thinking of sending him a p.m. I figured he'd chime in but haven't heard anything. I send him one.

Originally Posted by OGTerror
I'm sorry guys but I don't think I will be able to........(haha you think I'll finish my sentence by saying: make it ) see my friend Sammy there he just informed me he'll be in Oregon at the time of the meet.
That's pretty funny right there.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:08 PM
i started a thread on expeditionforum and its in my sig on there... since i cant get it to show up on here for what ever reason. but i think im going to make my friend go and theres a few other people that live up in la that might go too. also in expeditions. so this is going to be one big FORD weekend. the people at pismo will be like what the hell? haha maybe we can make this an annual thing. always wanted to do something like that. how theres all these off road clubs that are big and have sponcerships and what not. like TDS! just saying we could also do other big name places one day too. glamis truckhaven ocotillo hollister anywhere full size rigs can go. haha

Old 01-31-2011, 11:22 PM
^^^Thanks for putting it up over there. Ya, that would be awesome if we could grow this to be a huge event. I would luv to check out the other places like Glamis as well, just need to save for gas money . That's the great thing about pismo is it's pretty much smack dab in the middle of the state so it makes it a reasonable drive for most.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:07 AM
who all is locked in on going?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:19 AM
thats the problem with me! even though i live in SD its still FAR! haha i found out im getting 12.5 mpg. not 11. ooo BIG difference. i have the smaller tank. 28 gal not 30 gal. haha but still. i need to get some extra tanks. o and i'm about 80-90% on going. my aunt told me to leave here at midnight and get there at 5 so i dont hit traffic and just sleep in a parking lot or go to i-hop. since pismo entrance doesnt open till 7 i think. or something like that. o hey is there someone in SD that is going with a truck. i want to take my 3 wheeler but dont want to lug the trailer with me! haha doing 55 will kill me!

not sure if someone wants to do this but i found it on: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207

Camping is allowed south of Post 2 on the beach and in the open dune area. Vault toilets and chemical toilets are provided, and water-delivery and holding-tank pump-out services are available on the beach. Campsite reservation information can be obtained by calling 1-800-444-7275. Campsites are available by reservation year-round and can be made from 10 days to six months in advance. Reservations are highly recommended (especially for holiday periods) and must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Note: Reservations can be made up to seven months in advance.

Last edited by panda24619; 02-01-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by blueovelboy
who all is locked in on going?
I have an up to date list on the first page with who is confirmed and tentative Got you down as confirmed, hope that's right

Originally Posted by panda24619
thats the problem with me! even though i live in SD its still FAR! haha i found out im getting 12.5 mpg. not 11. ooo BIG difference. i have the smaller tank. 28 gal not 30 gal. haha but still. i need to get some extra tanks. o and i'm about 80-90% on going. my aunt told me to leave here at midnight and get there at 5 so i dont hit traffic and just sleep in a parking lot or go to i-hop. since pismo entrance doesnt open till 7 i think. or something like that. o hey is there someone in SD that is going with a truck. i want to take my 3 wheeler but dont want to lug the trailer with me! haha doing 55 will kill me!

not sure if someone wants to do this but i found it on: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207

Camping is allowed south of Post 2 on the beach and in the open dune area. Vault toilets and chemical toilets are provided, and water-delivery and holding-tank pump-out services are available on the beach. Campsite reservation information can be obtained by calling 1-800-444-7275. Campsites are available by reservation year-round and can be made from 10 days to six months in advance. Reservations are highly recommended (especially for holiday periods) and must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Note: Reservations can be made up to seven months in advance.
I know the LA traffic sucks! as for the info that is the same place we will be going. Everybody calls it Pismo beach but it's actually Ocean Dunes. Thanks for posting up the ph# you can either give them a call or reserve via the internet with the info on the first page.

Spoke with my buddy and we will have two more trucks coming. One jeep and a chevy blazer. I know they aren't Fords but I figure the more the merrier, unless anybody has a big problem with that.

Last edited by Big50; 02-01-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Big50
Spoke with my buddy and we will have two more trucks coming. One jeep and a chevy blazer. I know they aren't Fords but I figure the more the merrier, unless anybody has a big problem with that.
i dought anyone would have a problem. my friend might come in his exploder and dirt bike. his exploder is 2wd and i dont think he will be in the dunes with it. but his bike he will be. i'm going to try and get a bunch of people to go. what are we doing about food? everyone bring what they want to eat the weekend?

Old 02-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Big50
.....we will have two more trucks coming. One jeep and a chevy blazer. I know they aren't Fords but I figure the more the merrier, unless anybody has a big problem with that.
I'm not a fanboy, Ford doesn't pay me anything to praise their brand so I don't have any problem with the other brands. There will be no brand bashing on my part, you can count on that; hope "they" aren't fanboys either.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm not a fanboy, Ford doesn't pay me anything to praise their brand so I don't have any problem with the other brands. There will be no brand bashing on my part, you can count on that; hope "they" aren't fanboys either.
Me to. I love Ford and probably wouldn't buy Chevy but I have nothing against them and they make some nice vehicles. I would love a C6 z06 though Ya, my buddies aren't fan boys. Actually, ever since my buddy with the jeep watched the Top Gear with the Raptor he wants one real bad. He has started to like Fords ever since we started wheeling together since he has seen first hand what these trucks are capable of.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Sounds like fun. I wish I could go but another time.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
thanks to panda24619 i have the wife on making a reservation! who has extra room for a bike and a quad or three

Old 02-01-2011, 07:43 PM
thanks to panda24619 i have the wife on making a reservation! who has extra room for a bike and a quad or three
I might have room, depending how many people I have riding with me. Just not sure how much gear I'll have. Maybe I could rent a trailer. Would be nice to have room for all the firewood to.

Last edited by Big50; 02-02-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:02 AM
I'm sorry guys but I don't think I will be able to........(haha you think I'll finish my sentence by saying: make it ) see my friend Sammy there he just informed me he'll be in Oregon at the time of the meet.
ohhh shut the flipping up leo, you know we will be there!

Old 02-02-2011, 04:25 AM
yeah anytime. i try to do my part. i've never been so i figured i would do some research and thats what i found. so some good news on my part. i got the okay from my gf! i was quite surprised that she said it was okay. but she isnt sure if she'll be with me or in north carolina with her grandparents. but either way another sign of me coming. now i gotta tell my parents. i might bring my three wheeler. which means ill have my trailer. and ill drag my cousin along so he dosent need to drive and hell have his bike. and my gfs boss might come in his jeep. hes been there. says its funn! i cant wait for this trip! gotta save up some pesos and do good in school and i bet my parents would say its okay for me to go. o and another thing for people. i couldnt find it but do think that all vehicals that go in the dunes area need a flag. like in glamis. i'm not 100% sure but a flag is only like $10. so its well worth it.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:30 PM
heres an up date. there might be a few more people on expeditionforum that might go. they said they want to go so who knows if they will.

Quick Reply: Pismo Meet June 24th-26th