West AZ, CA, HI, NV

Some suggestion please...Palm Springs Area

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some suggestion please...Palm Springs Area

I'm brand new to the offroading scene and the Palm springs area. Just bought my first truck 3 months ago and I'll be taking delivery of her in Vegas this week. (she's been in a shop in Colorado getting customized for like the last month.... ) Where can I go lose my training wheels and muck around in the sand......any links or helpful ideas would be appreciated!!

Old 10-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Hmm...

First of all, hello to a fellow valley resident like myself.

I'd recommend Edom Hill (Date Palm & Varner) at night. There is a good bit of offroading area there with lots of whoops, some hill climbs, and even a big-assed hill. Aside from that, there's always Glamis (we're gonna go Oct 31) and Ocotillo Wells. Those are about 80 and 100 miles away respectively. Do a Google search for "Imperial Sand Dunes." You'll see why... and you GOTTA go.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:36 PM
hey there!! thanks for the response. I'm going to check out your suggestions. As soon as I get my truck I'm going to check out that local place you mentioned. If it looks cool, is there a chance I could be included into that run you guys are making at the end of the month? I'm thinking it would be alot easier to run with some guys that have been to that place and been offroading for a little while. I'm assuming running offroad is a whole set of different skills I'll need to pick up.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by hotstang46
hey there!! thanks for the response. I'm going to check out your suggestions. As soon as I get my truck I'm going to check out that local place you mentioned. If it looks cool, is there a chance I could be included into that run you guys are making at the end of the month? I'm thinking it would be alot easier to run with some guys that have been to that place and been offroading for a little while. I'm assuming running offroad is a whole set of different skills I'll need to pick up.
I'm sure it won't be an issue, Glamis is a blast. 84 some odd square miles of nothing but dunes. The opening weekend is the one somewhere around October 31. After that, the big weekends are Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and President's Day. I didn't go at all last season, only because I didn't have a 4wd truck. My plans are to have my 8.5" CST installed before the end of the season. Anyway, check out Edom (but be careful, there might be cops out there during the day) at night, it's a blast too. Rocky, not like Glamis but still fun. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Some suggestion please...Palm Springs Area