actron obd scanner

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 12:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question actron obd scanner

I need to purchase a code scanner to obtain air bag codes for accident reconstruction documentation. I went to Auto Zone and looked at Actron OBD-II scanner. Called toll free number on package while at Auto Zone and customer rep said this particular model $159.00 would not pull air bag codes. The packaging says body, chasis, etc. Does anybody have one of these scanners and if so is this true. Seems to me that if a code is stored in the computer why would it matter if it was an air bag code or an emission code. Any advise would be appreciated or recommendation for an affordable OBD II code reader. Thanks

Old 04-24-2001, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the exact model of scanner (CP9006 I think is the model)you were looking at. I am not for sure if it will pickup air bag codes but what I do know is that we sell it where I work at Advance Auto, only thing is that it is alot cheaper there, right now it is 150.00 with $50 dollars off so about 100+ with tax. If you have a Advance close to you check with them might get it cheaper. If you want I can check tomorrow and get back to you on here or at an email.

------------------
97 Ford F150 XLT 4wd 4.6L auto, Std cab/Long bed 2 tone royal blue w tan bottom, PW,PL, and PM, captian chairs w/arm rests

Current Mods
K&N Filter
Xact Plug Wires- 8mm
Ventshade side window deflectors,read window deflector, bug guard, headlight and taillight blackouts
custom hand painted Ford emblems on door jamb guards and under hood on plastic intake cover
plastic mud guards
custom 4x4 off road graphics
Ford hitch cover and license plate frame
Custom carpet liner (protects factory carpet)
Slyvania Cool Blue Headlight and fog lamp bulbs
oh yeah, one custom dent and scratch from a deer the night before deer season

Old 04-24-2001, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KYFordfreak i would appreciate you checking it out for me.

Quick Reply: actron obd scanner