Oil on "D" side oil pan bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Oil on "D" side oil pan bolts?

After a quick run to test out my new intake mod., I crawled under the truck today for the first time since last summer, to see if everything was in good shape. While under there, I found warm, clean, oil on the driver's side oil pan bolts. I don't have anything too visible in my parking space, but these were large drops which I wiped off on my finger to verify that it really was oil. Within a few minutes, their was more oil on them. I checked to see that the bolts were tight, and they seemed to be. Where could the oil be coming from, and is this normal? Thanks!!!

-AR

------------------
2001 F-150 XLT 4x4 Off-Road, SuperCab, Flareside, Black[*] 4.6L Triton V8 HPI[*] 5 Speed / 3:55 Reg. Axle[*] Keyless[*] Premium Audio CD

Mods:[*] K&N Cold Airbox / Throttle Body Mod.[*] 3" Cat-Back (No Muffler, Turn-Down)[*] Cranked Torsion Bars[*] APC XENON PLASMA Super Whites[*] Bugshield[*] Bedliner[*] Ventshades[*] Taillight Covers (Slotted)[*] Removed Mudflaps[*] "Light Argent" 4x4 Off-Road Decals[*] K&N & Flowmaster Stickers (Under the Hood)

Audio:[*] Clarion 6675[*] Rockford Fosgate 5x7's[*] Rockford Fosgate G360A2 Punch Amp[*] JL 12W3-D2 (Ported)[*]Viper 500 Alarm

Build Date: 8/23/00 (Kansas City Plant)

arobbins@mail.liberty.k12.mo.us

Quick Reply: Oil on "D" side oil pan bolts?