FORD said "right radiator tooo bad." -- Sucker!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry FORD said "right radiator tooo bad." -- Sucker!!!

I just finished going to two different dealerships and both contacted ford with all the information we have. They were both told the 1.02" is the correct radiator. The ford engineers decided this radiator is adequate for the F-150 with tow and HD cooling pkg. There was apparently a change during '99--- 2000 year production. Ford had no answer as to why it continues to be advertised as a radiator up-grade. Both dealers said that anyone who had thier radiator replaced without factory approval would likely have the radiator cost paid by the dealer (because of unauthorized replacement) If anyone has thiers replaced please let the rest of us know how this was accomplished (dealer names, service managers names, factory reps.names) These two dealers said they would happily replace my radiator after factory approval. Has FOMOCO ever heard of customer satifaction, fraud and false advertising?????
We have a 2001 Dodge pick-up at work with 318 auto and no HD cooling and it's radiator is much larger than mine.
It's like buying a color TV only to get home and find out it's a black and white and calling the dealer only to find out-- sorry we changed the specs and your's is adequate

------------------
2000 F-150, XLT, SC, 5.4, 4X4, 355 LS, ORP, Black/Silver, class III, single CD, sliding glass, med. gray, keyless, elect. shift, engine date 8-18-99, Superchip. '93 Harley Fatboy Black & tons of chrome

Old 03-12-2001, 03:19 PM
Unhappy

Hmmmm, not sure if I buy the black and white vs. color television analogy, but it is still wrong. If a radiator is "upgraded", then there is obviously something that distinguishes it from a "normal" radiator. I haven't heard back from my service manager yet (expecting a call today). I am very interested in hearing what he says.

------------------
2001 F-150 S'Crew
Lariat 4x4
Oxford White w/ silver accent (two-tone)
5.4L V-8
skid plates
rear-slip
graphite leather (60/40 bench)
Husky liners
Jason Dimension tonneau cover w/ skid mat in the bed

Old 03-12-2001, 04:52 PM
Had my radiator changed from 1.02 to 2.2 dbl core at Lakeland Automall after a few weeks of going round with Ford. On my service order it states "incorrect radiator installed during assembly". I have a 2000, 4.6 w/HD cooling and tow pkg. Service Managers name is Larry Hugnall, and he got the OK from Ford to do the swap.

Old 03-12-2001, 09:30 PM
First demand a meeting with the regional customer service manager and a feild engineer. If Ford changed the specs, than explain to me what does "super engine cooling" mean? And why is the option the same price when it included a radiator upgrade?
I had mine replaced, I found a truck on the lot built after mine with a 2 core, that they don't even list anymore.If the Ford reps won't help you write a demand letter to the dealership, and then file a civil action in small claims court for the amount of the option, I'll bet you win. Ask to see something in writing that says these spec's have changed, I haven't seen a damned thing.

------------------
2001 F-150 XLT S-CAB 4.6 "the full ride"
96 Taurus GL
93 Kenne-Bell Supercharged Mustang
"Injection is nice, but I perfer being blown!"

Quick Reply: FORD said "right radiator tooo bad." -- Sucker!!!