cracks

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 04:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cracks

Has anybody ever looked at the 2 channels on the top of your truck and noticed cracks? Both of mine are cracked all the way from the front to the back.

------------------
1997 XLT Teal 4.6L Flareside 4x4 ORP. Automatic, Reg. cab, 3.55LS, tinted windows, bug deflector, Dual exhaust, K&N Generation 2 air filter, BullDog keyless entry/remote start(installed myself), Modern 16" wheels, bedliner, Covercraft tonneau cover, White faced gauges, electronic shift on the fly, Clarion ADX5655z Double Din Cassette & CD, 2 Pioneer TS-A6865 speakers and superchip. Going to add headers.

Old 03-07-2001, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The roof channel cracks are fairly common. Do a search (probably in other body... not engines) and you will find many posts. I noticed mine the day after I brought home my "new" '97 last winter. It only had 33k miles. I took it back the next day. They agreed to strip the paint down to bare metal and remove the existing self leveling seam filler in the channels. Did a fantastic job at no cost to me, but I was still under warranty, plus I had just bought it. If you are still under warranty, go get it fixed. If not, I don't know what they will do. I am pretty sure it is just cosmetic.

Quick Reply: cracks