im playing with a desktop dyno thing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post im playing with a desktop dyno thing...

can anyone help me????

how much hp at what rpm
torque at rpm

on a 5.4 supercharged with a centrifigual
this needs to by flywheel hp and torque

im trying to figure out what all i need to get my truck down 1 1/2 seconds
i run a mid now and want a high 14 or real real low 15
(atmospphere, track condidtions make racing here slow)

------------------
1999 F-150 Supercab Styleside Lariat 5.4L V8 3.55LS gears
Tan Leather Seats Front/Back
Captain Chairs in front
Tan Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Remote Entry
Signal Mirrors

Navigator Front End
Factory 2tone Red on top of Gold
Metallic Flake Ghost Flames in the gold
18inch Wheels
Lowered 2/3
Rhino Bedliner
Euro "Atezza" Tail Lights

Stock CD player
Rockford Fosgate Punch 250a Amplifier
2 RF Punch DXL 8inch Subwoofers
2 Kenwood Midranges (in the front doors)

K&N "Drop In" Filter
Flowmasters

Within the next Month: Superchip, 3/4 drop (already got the money just need to order them)

By my 17th birthday (March 23rd): White Face Guages, HOPEFULLY A SUPERCHARGER PACKAGE

Some Quick Photos
www.geocities.com/thepyromaniackid

Things That Have Gone Wrong So Far:
Burnt Anti-Freeze Smell
The Anti-Freeze seems to leaking but the fluid level hasn't gone done any
This has Caused a Coil to go out
The passenger side Door-Lock went out
The driver side Door-Lock went out
Muth Signal Mirrors Reflective Backing Cracked All To Hell

Fixed under warranty: Coil, Passenger Side Door-Lock
Will be Fixed under warranty: Driver Side Door-Lock, Muth Signal Mirrors
(Wonder what the Ford House will say when I show up with a Lincoln Truck for warranty work)

Can't FInd The Anti-Freeze Leak (?)
Tried putting in AlumniSeal and hasn't got hot enough to see if it still has the
Burnt Anit-Freeze Smell

Old 03-04-2001, 09:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... PYRO : I tried doing my engine on my "MR GASKET" DYNO program too, but it's not accurate with the 5.4 and 4.6 engines, because FORD's won't release ALL of the camshaft profiles. So you have to kind of guess. I was told by a SVT engineer that the "PI" 5.4 cams are something like 521 LIFT on the intake and 544 LIFT on the exhaust. If you still want to try my F-150 book says the 5.4 is 260H.P @ 4500RPM and makes 345FT/LBS of torque at 2300RPM. Hope this helps you out.

------------------
NEAL " THE H.P FREAK"
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan, custom ported (STOCK) throttle body, custom digital air intake temp sensor, custom ported TB intake elbow, relocated ATS.

FUTURE MODS : FORD SVT 24LB INJECTORS, CUSTOM SUPERCHIP FLIP-CHIP, BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, 80MM PRO-M MASS AIR METER, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD WITH CUSTOM FABRICATED RAM AIR SET-UP, CAL-TRAC TRACTION BARS, EXTRUDE HONED INTAKE MANIFOLD, SHM CUSTOM FUEL RAILS, SHM "RACE WATER PUMP, 90/10 FRONT CE SHOCKS, 70/30 REAR CE SHOCKS, BELL TECH 2/4 DROP, EXPEDITION CENTER CONSOLE, HARLEY DAVISON F-150, LOWER FRONT VALANCE (painted oxford white) and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 330H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE : 1/4 MILE - 14.53E.T * MPH - 93.00 * 0-60MPH - 5.8 * 1/8 MILE - 9.2 * 60 FT - 2.0

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Quick Reply: im playing with a desktop dyno thing...