Ford -VS- Pontiac...cold engine noise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2000, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Ford -VS- Pontiac...cold engine noise!!!

--A little long...but worth it...funny!--
--I thought a few of you might get a kick out of this....I own a 99 F150 5.4, which is possibly a "slapper", but we'll have to wait until winter to find out.
BUT...back to the subject.
My wife reciently recieved a new company car, a 2000 Pontiac GrandPrix...smooth looking car...but rough sounding though. The other day we were leaving for work and she started that "thing" up...it sounded horible. I actually told her to shut it down so that i could check to see if there was any oil in the motor...there was so i let her go...She has had it checked out and was told that this was "normal" until the engine warmed up. WHAT! I wish you could hear this thing...i thought it was going to blow...Well i guess you can call this story another "missery loves company". If my ford ever gets that bad...i'll just have to shoot it and put it out of its missery...LOL...

------------------
99 F-150 XLT ExtCab 2WD
Gold/Tan, Hitch, Factory
5.4(mfg date 5/99)

Old 09-02-2000, 04:01 AM
LOL, that is all I have to say.

------------------
92'4X4 Flareside F-150,33" tires, 4" procomp lift, flows, K&N filter, etc.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1073118&a=7924824&p=26818345

Old 02-12-2001, 05:41 PM
Exclamation

UPDATE-
Pontiac has finally owned up to the fact that they have a problem with piston-slap...After leaving her 2000 grand prix with them for a week...they suddenly found out what this noise is. PISTON-SLAP!!! But, instead of ordering a new engine for her car, they want to tear the engine down and replace #1-4 pistons...???...what about 5-6??
I sure hope they hurry up and get those pistons in...cuz' that poor 'ol pontiac sounds like she's going to blow any day now...LOL
I just can't believe all of the manufacturers that are having problems with piston slap(toyota,ford,chevy,pontiac, etc...)
Well at least i'm not paying the note...its a company car!!!!

Quick Reply: Ford -VS- Pontiac...cold engine noise!!!