5.4 magnacharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey Frank,
I have 15,000 miles on mine this year and all is well. I have another on the way for a Ch*vy (not mine). Chris really takes care of his customers!
What's this about a Kennebell pump?

------------------
2000 XLT supercab, 4x4 7700lb. package, 5.4L, 3.73 LS, 265 BFG All Terrains, skids,rear sway-bar,Rhino brush gaurd,KC Daylighters,CD changer,MagnaCharger, Flowmaster,Superchip, Airaid, Gibson Headers, Island Blue

Old 01-01-2001, 12:34 AM
Thumbs up 5.4 magnacharger kit

Hi guys new here but have been reading these boards for well over a year on a day to day basis. I have seen alot of talk on the magnacharger kits and would like to offer alittle information. I ordered my kit last spring for my 00 f150 5.4. Everything about the kit is great including the staff at magnuson. I have become good friends with Chris W. and have never delt with a nicer guy. I have 6500 miles on my truck and the kit has been great. This is my second supercharged f150 and this kit is well infront of the others. I don't drive this truck that often but have had it at the track last summer at ford weekend at route 66. It ran a 14.55 in 90'weather. The only other mods I have are a catback exhaust and a K&N. And thats with stock 3.55 rear end. There has never been any detonation and my gas mileage has been good. I used a kennebell boast a pump instead of the one included in the kit and that worked out great. Now the only problem is I have a 01 PSD superduty on order and I might have to get rid of this truck If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Frank.

------------------
00 f150 xlt black sport 5.4 magnacharger

Old 01-01-2001, 02:18 PM
frankjr,

I've got a question. How much hotter does your fuel get by the time it returns to the tank than when it left, when using a larger pump?

------------------
98 F-150 XLT 4X4 ORP Super Cab Short Bed, 4.6, Auto, 4.10's, Mag-Hytec diff. cover, Magnacharger supercharger, Superchip, Gibson single cat-back, 80/100w German head lamps, Warn HS9500i winch with semi hidden mount, Wrangler dual battery kit with red & yellow top Optima batteries, 285/75R16 Goodyear MT/R's, 16x8 Center Line Hell Cats. Needs one more door.
http://hometown.aol.com/ninetyeightfword

Old 01-01-2001, 04:09 PM
Hi 98f, I don't know how much hotter it is when it returns (tempature wise) but I have learned that when fuel is rapidly heated up and then cooled down it does change its qualities. I know that the fuel rails on my truck get extremely hot in mild and warm weather. Its not about how hot the fuel gets in the tank after it returns because the it will cool back down. But its the circulation through the hot rails. Thats one reason ford now has returnless fuel rails on some of thier new vehicles. Ford trucks will have them in 2003. Is it really a big deal that these larger pumps circulate more fuel, no not at all, but its just something I took into consideration.
This heating up the fuel stuff I'm talking about wasn't the main reason I bought the boast a pump, I just though it was a great idea and was so simple to install. Later. Frank

------------------

Old 01-02-2001, 12:00 AM
Thumbs up

Hi *****, The boast a pump is really great. I really didn't feel like droping the tank just to change the pump. The main reason I bought this is for one, when you have a larger pump in the tank that is running all the time you are heating up more fuel in the fuel rails and then you putting it back in the tank. Thats not good. Fuel will lose octane when heat is given to it. The larger pump is only needed at wide open throtle, and as you know you don't normally drive around with it floored all the time. Well maybe sometimes But anyways this kit can take at the most ten minutes to hook up. You have a controller you run through the firewall and put in the cab. Two ground wires, one power wire that is ran to the
battery and one splice you make into the positive lead off the feul pump relay,which is that little black box on the drivers side. And thats about it. I mounted the unit itself right on top of that relay box with double sided tape and it looks good. Oh I forgot one more thing they give you a tee to splice into the little vaccum line off the fuel pressure regulator. Thats connected to a vaccum switch that tells the boast a pump to give the fuel pump more voltage when only boast it being made by the supercharger. Hope this helps happy new year!

------------------

Old 01-02-2001, 07:58 AM
Hi crash, Thats it on the mods. When I ran at Ford weeekend at route 66 I was in a et bracket race and made it to the final four. I believe there was over 65 cars and trucks in this bracket. I ran 14.5 all day. I beat a cobra mustang, lightning, GT's all day and one lightning did beat me by less then a half a lenth. I had fun. There were people making comments on how all the trucks were beating sports cars. Gee I don't know I did have one run where I ran a 98 cobra and when you run a ET race you are supposed to be even at the end. Well I was pretty far ahead of him so I had to let up at the end because you can't go faster then your ET or you lose. So I let off about 15 yards infront of the finish line and hit the brakes slightly and I ended up running my exact ET of 14.55. I was amazed. So for that one run I know I can run better then that ET. The weather was warm and muggy and I didn't have anytime to let her cool down. But anyways the truck runs great. And like I said K&N and a cat-back thats it. Frank

Old 01-02-2001, 10:06 AM
Cool

Thanks Frank Jr

The info is great!

Just be sure to get a SUPER CHIP for that PSD from Mike Troyer!
MJD5.4

Old 01-02-2001, 10:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... No, SUPERCHARGER! No, TURBO's! No, N.O.S! 14.53! lol! I can't wait for when I DO install a supercharger!LOL!

------------------
NEAL " THE H.P FREAK"
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan, custom ported (STOCK) throttle body, custom digital air intake temp sensor, custom ported TB intake elbow, relocated ATS.

FUTURE MODS : FORD SVT 24LB INJECTORS, CUSTOM SUPERCHIP FLIP-CHIP, BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, 80MM PRO-M MASS AIR METER, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD WITH CUSTOM FABRICATED RAM AIR SET-UP, CAL-TRAC TRACTION BARS, EXTRUDE HONED INTAKE MANIFOLD, SHM CUSTOM FUEL RAILS, SHM "RACE WATER PUMP, 90/10 FRONT CE SHOCKS, 70/30 REAR CE SHOCKS, BELL TECH 2/4 DROP, EXPEDITION CENTER CONSOLE, HARLEY DAVISON F-150, LOWER FRONT VALANCE (painted oxford white) and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 330H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE : 1/4 MILE - 14.53E.T * MPH - 93.00 * 0-60MPH - 5.8 * 1/8 MILE - 9.2 * 60 FT - 2.0

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Quick Reply: 5.4 magnacharger kit