how often in adding Techroline

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by suvdrvr
The chevron I buy at the pump has techron in it. Is this the same stuff?
It is, but it's not even close to the concentration of the treatment.

Old 03-24-2002, 10:29 PM
Neal or anyone else
I just picked up some of the Red Line complete fuel system cleaner and was wondering what concentration I should go with.
It states to use 1 bottle for 20 gallons for quick cleanup ans used regularly 1 bottle in 100 gallons. Now I have never used the Red Line product before I usually run the Chevron stuff about every 5000-6000. I want it to be mixed right so I get the proper use out of it, yet I do not want it to be to strong. What kind of risks are there if it is too strong?All I know about is how the fuel system cleaners can damage spark plugs. If it helps I have the 30 gallon tank under my 97 4.6 longbed and I planned to fill tank to almost the 3/4 mark or about 22.5 gallon.

Old 03-25-2002, 01:04 PM
I tried a bottle of the Techron fuel additive in a 4.6 L Ford crown victoria, 150,000 miles on it. It had been pinging on regular gas under full throttle so I had switched to the 89 octane Mobile gas. Stopped the pinging but I drive a lot of miles and did not like paying extra for the 89 octane gas. I put in one of the big bottles, I think it was good for 20gal , where the crown Victoria holds 18 gal. This car no longer pings on regular gas. I am sold on this stuff.

I had used the STP and other brands with no positive results. Have not tried the Redline or the Lucas brand

Quick Reply: how often in adding Techroline