5.4 Head gasket replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2000, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 5.4 Head gasket replacement

I have just received the notice from the dealer that my oil smell is from a bad head gasket. I will cost $1,100 to replace due to my 99 F150 has 50K miles although Ford has this problem due to faulty parts. They say no warranty or partial payment, I am going to keep trying though. Everyone should complain about there problem with there oil smell and leak, maybe they will do something then. I think this is the last Ford for me.
1997 - bad intake, 1995 - bad trans, 1991 - bad engine, doesn't look good for the Quality One guy.

------------------

Old 12-02-2000, 06:30 PM
wow that seems high since U.S money, how many hours are they chargeing u to do that and are they doing both head gaskets, the bad news is that if the leak comes back after the repair ford (when under warrenty ) says to replace the engine, i did mine and it didnt leak, my bro inlaws did - now has a rebuilt fqr (well it may be factory rebuilt but the q i dont think so)

Old 12-06-2000, 12:08 AM
Red face

I have a 98 F150 4X4 with the 4.6 and only 65K miles on it in the shop for the same problem. They say the left head gasket needs to be replaced. Told me a week ago about $700, but have not heard from them since. I did get a free loaner car though, but think I want to fight them on paying for the fix.

I heard from a Ford mechanic, there is a problem with the taper of the heads which is causing them to blow head gaskets. I'm trying to get more information from him. I'll let ya know what I hear.

I think we need to fight!

Quick Reply: 5.4 Head gasket replacement