A question about factory moonroof

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool A question about factory moonroof

Last edited by Habibi; 10-16-2003 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:53 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
To answer your first question, it should have less than one mile on it. When it comes off the assembly line it is driven to the plant shipping area how ever far that may be. If it has 10 to 20 miles then there will be a sticker in your window from the factory stating that your truck randomly chosen for testing and the number of miles tested will be so stated. As your delivery date gets close, start bugging the dealer every few days. If the truck arrives and sits there a week I wouldn't be surpised if it was used for demos/deliveries so, don't let this happen. If they know you are antsy they will call you when it arrives. I don't know how big your dealership is. If they don't have a selection of trucks on the lot the GM may tell your salesman,
"Don't call Habibi yet, I've got to move my mother-in-law this weekend."

If the truck has 20 miles on it, then your 3year/36k warranty would expire at 36,020.

As far as the Moonroof/overhead gizmos are concerned, I should be so lucky to know about such things.

Old 02-20-2002, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my SCrew with the roof I stillhave the temp and compass in a small overhead console with the roof control and lights. My truck had 7 miles on it when I picked it up. The dealer had it for 2 days before I was able to pick it up.

Old 02-20-2002, 03:01 PM
You lose the overhead area for the garage door opener and the lights are different but you still keep your compass and temp gauge up there.

Big omission in moonroof. There appears to be absolutely no way to close the moonroof should the motor fail. At least in my wife's Nissan you can pop a little cover, insert a screwdriver and crank it closed.

Old 02-20-2002, 09:06 PM
You are right BeastRider about the omission of a way to close the moonroof if the motor was to fail. I know from first hand experience what it's like to have the moonroof stuck open. Mine was repaired under warranty by my dealership, but I had somewhat of a runaround with regards to the explanation of what happened. From what I understand this is somewhat of a common problem. Thank goodnes everything is in working order now. A moonroof is a great feature to have on a truck.

Old 02-20-2002, 09:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mean that little compartment is for your garage door opener. I don't have a garage door so I thought it was used for your sunglasses. Works great for the glasses, padded no scratches, and you can't sit on them.

Old 02-20-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by weadjust
You mean that little compartment is for your garage door opener. I don't have a garage door so I thought it was used for your sunglasses. Works great for the glasses, padded no scratches, and you can't sit on them.
My SuperCrew has two compartments overhead. One for sunglasses (the gas card is in this one where in previous trucks, it used to be kept in the "real" ashtray) and the rearward one is for the garage remote. There are little white pegs inside that are positioned around to hit the remote button. Don't know anybody who uses it, though...

Quick Reply: A question about factory moonroof