Airforce 1 maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airforce 1 maintenance

quick question(s).

i put on my AF-1 not too long ago. i am wondering what maintenance i am going to have to do. like...do i need to change filter like a normal filter? or is it like a k&n deal where i can take it out and clean it? where do i get these kind of filters and so on.... Just let me know what to do so i do not mess anything up. thanks in advance.

Arom

Old 02-20-2002, 06:13 PM
nobody has had this system for longer than 3k miles? come on guys. rookies like me need help on simple things.

Old 02-20-2002, 07:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... There is NO maintanance required on the AIR FORCE 1 except for cleaning and re-oiling the air filter. You can use the k&N filter charger kit but your S&B filter will be purple instead of blue. I f you want a cleaning kit with the S&B blue colour, then give MIKE TOYER a call. I beleive he sells the kits.

Old 02-20-2002, 09:45 PM
thank you very much.

Old 02-21-2002, 08:06 PM
Exclamation check it regularly

I would check the filter after about 3,000 miles. My filter was rubbing on the electrical plugs underneath it, and on the radiator overflow hose. So I duct taped the electrical plugs underneath so they were nice and smooth, then I removed the overflow tube and replaced it with a nice chrome pipe that will not rub on the filter. Then I order a prefilter from outwears racing to protect that filter when I get in the mud and water while doing a little playing. That prefilter works too, let me tell you. I started my truck and put the water hose directly on my filter and it shed water like you would not believe. Just to test it I took off the filter and felt inside to make sure and it was dry as a bone. So take a look at my pictures and then take my advice and check that filter to make sure it is not rubbing on anything, because it will rub a hole in the filter.

cajun

Quick Reply: Airforce 1 maintenance