Tritons w/ pure antifreez

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2000, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Tritons w/ pure antifreez

FYI,
While I was at the ford dealership picking up my wifes explorer...VERY long story. I spoke with one of the mechanics...I was asking him if there were any known problems with the 5.4's other than the PS issue.

He told me that their have been quite a few 5.4/4.6's that have been found with Pure antifreez in the engine instead of the 50/50 mixture. This was causing all kinds of problems...eating away gaskets, etc...

I was just wondering if anyone out there has heard of this...It came straight from a ford mechanic.

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT SuperCab 2WD, Gold/Tan, 5.4L
MFG date 5/99
Mobile1/802s

Old 10-04-2000, 08:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not (yet) heard anything about this. That is certainly not a good thing. Did he give any other info on this??

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Superchip, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55 rear, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, Heavy duty shocks, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, factory leather wrapped steering wheel, FORD bedliner, FORD black tubular cab steps, K&N air filter, mar-hyde rubberized undercoating, Modine climate filtration system, Bugflector II, Mobil 1 oil and filter

Quick Reply: Tritons w/ pure antifreez