Anybody watch the Winter Olympics

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody watch the Winter Olympics

Way off topic I know... but I normally dont watch the winter Olympics. Just thought it would be cool to see the opening ceremony. Did anyone else sit there for three and a half hours thinking what an overdone, unnecessarily drawn out piece of drama it all was? The whole time I was like 'just like the frickin torch already!"

Old 02-09-2002, 03:19 AM
india

i just thought it was really funny when the jamacan bobsled team came out.

Old 02-09-2002, 06:38 AM
Me too! They got a pretty loud response from the crowd as well. I only watched an hour or so, total. Too many quick commercials, and other BS. I was impressed when the Japanese athlete was polite enough to remove their hat when they presented the garland to the Tribal Indian Chief. I thought that was really significant, but maybe that's just me.

Take care,
-Chris

Old 02-09-2002, 06:47 AM
I don't think I'll watch another opening ceremony so long as NBC handles it the same way. Bob Costas talks too damned much, even to the point that he was repeating what Katie Couric had said only seconds before.

I was touched by how so many of the athletes from other countries were carrying the US flag. France's participants had the French flag on one side and the US flag on the other.

Everyone knows I'm not a fan of Junior Bush, but I thought it was a nice touch that he opened the games while surrounded by the US team and watched the rest of the ceremony while seated with them. Quite unprecedented.

Old 02-09-2002, 08:09 AM
I was just hoping we here in Salt Lake didn't play too much on the "mormon" thing and distanced the games from it. It was pretty funny that I am watching all these cool fireworks on TV when when they were only 5 miles from my house. I mean I could have sat in my Hottub and watched the whole thing. what was I thinking...........Oh yeah, I remember. it was COLD outside!

Quick Reply: Anybody watch the Winter Olympics